Re: DPUB TPAC Lisbon

On 13/05/2016 16:43, Rebeca Ruiz Sánchez wrote:
> Excuse me,
>
> I am a new AC and I do not know the procedures to attend TPAC. Why are
> many meetings planned for two days, not just one? For example, there are
> DPUB meetings on Monday and Tuesday. Should I attend both meetings or
> are they just duplications?

hola Rebeca,

TPAC is a week of Working Group meetings, an Advisory Committee meeting
and a plenary meeting (and possibly some satellite events) that brings
together a large number of WGs in the same location in order to build
synergies and and produce cross-fertilization.

Most WGs meet for two full days - some on Mon/Tues, others on Thurs/Fri.
  Wednesday is reserved for the plenary meeting, where everyone gets
together for some of the time in a big room, then we split for smaller
'unconference' adhoc groupings, proposed on that day.

The only real downside with TPAC is the inevitable problem that you
can't be in all meetings at the same time. For example, i think Digipub
folks are meeting on the same two days as i18n, so although often the
two groups will schedule some time to meet together in one of the rooms,
you may need to look carefully at the respective agendas to decide when
you need to be where.

You can find information at
https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/

You can request to participate in any group meeting during the week, you
don't need to just stick to groups of which you are a member.

I recommend that you go. It's always a great experience.  You should
register soon, to get best deals on hotels etc.

hope that helps,

ri