Re: [dpub-loc] Draft update

> On 12 Feb 2016, at 12:43, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> Please remove the comment that includes service workers – it (or any other implementation detail) doesn’t belong here.

Well… the only mention of SW-s are in a parenthetical remark. And the remark is important, I believe, as a general message insofar as, when defining the behaviour of the PWP Processor, we probably have to nail down some features that may have been inspired by SW-s in the first place. Ie, I do not see any harm leaving it in in a discussion document…

I did change that item somewhat and put it in a different style to make it clear it is not part of the main flow.

Ivan

> [more comments in the other msgs in the thread]
>
> From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org <mailto:ivan@w3.org>>
> Date: Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM
> To: Ben De Meester <ben.demeester@ugent.be <mailto:ben.demeester@ugent.be>>
> Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org <mailto:public-digipub-ig@w3.org>>
> Subject: Re: [dpub-loc] Draft update
>
> Ben, everybody
>

> I have given some thoughts over the last discussion we had yesterday at the end of the call. I have spent some time to make a more detailed writeup over those questions; instead of sending around a very long mail, I have uploaded a separate document onto the repo:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/drafts/ivans-musings.md <https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/drafts/ivans-musings.md>
>
> Comments/changes/issues please!
>
> To increase your appetite, here are the two questions I was musing about:
>
> • Q1: What is the answer of the server to a 'HTTP Get http://book.org/published-books/1' <http://book.org/published-books/1'> request?
> • Q2: How does a PWP Processor accesses the Mona Lisa image when 'http://book.org/published-books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg' <http://book.org/published-books/1/img/mona_lisa.jpg'> is requested by the Reading System?
>
> Caveat: my regrets for the next call. I am double booked in February, and next time I must go to my other call:-(
>
> Cheers
>
> Ivan
>

>> On 11 Feb 2016, at 13:50, Ben De Meester <ben.demeester@ugent.be <mailto:ben.demeester@ugent.be>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I updated the markdown on the git repo (https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/locators.md <https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-loc/blob/gh-pages/locators.md>), trying to incorporate the discussion of the previous call.
>>
>> I also added 2 new sections: functionalities (i.e., what specific functionalities are needed to support PWPs, e.g., mapping from canonical to state locator, displaying a resource, etc.), and issues.
>>
>> Issue 1 is the issue as discussed last on the call, issue 2 is one Ivan mentioned in his last comment to the previous draft: what do you get when GETting the unpacked PWP?
>>
>> Comments are most welcome!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Ben
>

> ----