From: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 3:36 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Deborah Kaplan <deborah.kaplan@suberic.net>
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Reworked the section on 'horizontals'

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m a little confused by some of the comments because now we seem to conflating authoring tools with tools used to access the PWP. A significant goal of PWP is of course the (portable) access. We have not touched on authoring at all, and I don’t think this document needs to address authoring. We are putting forward the use cases and requirements for the Web community. What will need to change in the WWW, not a list of rules for creating an authoring tool.

Comments in line.

Thanks,
Tzviya

Tzviya Siegman