Re: FYI: a nice interactive... Digital Document

From: Olaf Drümmer <olaf@druemmer.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:32:52 +0200
Cc: Olaf Drümmer <olaf@druemmer.com>, Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
I have been told by several blind mathematics students that what they use is LaTeX. Can't speak to people with other disabilities. In general anyone in academia who has to publish papers in the field of mathematics will end up using LaTeX.

MathML code (as any XML code) is not suitable for manual writing or reading.

The downside still is also for LaTeX that it is a sequential representation of content that tends to have a non-trivial but highly relevant substructure.

Olaf