Re: FYI: a nice interactive... Digital Document

> On 15 Sep 2015, at 09:37 , Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for sharing it -- great example of web document!
>
> Enabling portability of this kind of document would be fantastic.

Yes. But that is also a matter of the authors/publishers. Very clearly, this *should* be possible, "just" by collecting all the resources in one place (whatever that means)

B.t.w., all the sources use LaTeX for mathematics. I remembered your comparison of Markdown vs. HTML yesterday but, seeing this, I wonder: what would be the favourite syntax for authors to encode maths when they author HTML? I am not sure MathML would win on that front…

Cheers

I.

> Peter.
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org <mailto:ivan@w3.org>> wrote:
> I do not know whether it is a Portable Digital Document, though… But a great example for things that can be done. Lots of MathJax, Peter:-)
>

>> Here is another example:
>> immersive linear algebra
>> by J. Ström, K. Åström, and T. Akenine-Möller
>> ISBN: 978-91-637-9354-7
>>
>> http://immersivemath.com/ila/index.html <http://immersivemath.com/ila/index.html>
>>

> Ivan
>
> ----
> Ivan Herman, W3C
> Digital Publishing Lead
> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>
> mobile: +31-641044153 <tel:%2B31-641044153>
> ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704 <http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704>

Digital Publishing Lead