Re: [Glossary] Definition of a portable document (and other things...)

From: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 13:31:56 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Olaf Drümmer <olaf@druemmer.com>
CC: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, Deborah Kaplan <dkaplan@safaribooksonline.com>, Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>, Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>, Bill McCoy <bmccoy@idpf.org>
While I agree with Olaf’s position, I don’t think the “good” terms would serve us well.

Instead, I’d like to build on Ivan’s point in the use of SHOULD and make two small changes to the Portable (Web) Document definition:

A **Portable (Web) Document** is a Web Document that should provide a graceful degradation when presented to the user even offline. A Portable Web Document should also be able to adapt to the user's needs.

How’s that??

Leonard