W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > January 2015

Re: [Minutes] 2015-01-26 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Julie Morris <julie@bisg.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:17:10 -0500
Message-ID: <CACSdAxWm5aKFERgoQtwbVYVUTK3XaScBXgv_2gdxbmFhX2zwOA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com>
Cc: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
I was also present.

Thanks,
Julie

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:41 PM, Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Thanks for the minutes.
> I (Shinyu Murakami, Vivliostyle Inc.) was present at 2015-01-26 and
> 2015-01-12 telecons.
> Could you add me please?
>
> --
> Shinyu Murakami (村上 真雄)
> CEO & Founder, Vivliostyle Inc.
> http://vivliostyle.com
> murakami@vivliostyle.com
>
>
> Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote on 2015/01/27 2:07:44
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference
> dated 2015-01-26 are now available at
> >
> >      http://www.w3.org/2015/01/26-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> > These public minutes are also linked from the dpub wiki
> >      http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings
> >
> > Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your
> convenience.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Thierry Michel
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >     [1]W3C
> >
> >        [1] http://www.w3.org/
> >
> >              Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference
> >
> > 26 Jan 2015
> >
> >     See also: [2]IRC log
> >
> >        [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/26-dpub-irc
> >
> > Attendees
> >
> >     Present
> >            Ben de Meester (bjdmeest), Markus Gylling (Markus),
> >            Tzviya Siegman (tzviya),Thierry Michel (tmichel),
> >            Kawakubo (kwkbtr), Karen Myers (Karen_Myers), Rob
> >            Sanderson (azaroth), Dave Cramer (dauwhe),  Liam Quin
> >            (Liam), Paul Belfanti (pbelfanti), Charles LaPierre
> >            (clapierre), Alan Stearns (Stearns),  Deborah Kaplan
> >            (dkaplan3), David Stroup, Manuel Rego Casasnovas (rego),
> >            Peter Linss (plinss) , Mike Miller (MikeMiller), Heather
> >            Flanagan (HeatherF), mihnea, iank.
> >
> >     Regrets
> >            Phil, Ivan, Luc, Ayla
> >
> >     Chair
> >            Tzviya
> >
> >     Scribe
> >            Markus
> >
> > Contents
> >
> >       * [3]Topics
> >           1. [4]approval of minutes from last week
> >           2. [5]use cases for Houdini
> >           3. [6]packaging on the web document
> >       * [7]Summary of Action Items
> >       __________________________________________________________
> >
> >     <trackbot> Date: 26 January 2015
> >
> >     <HeatherF> Ha! Figured out my first zakim instruction!
> >
> >     <tzviya> agenda
> >
> >     <tzviya> * Approval of last week's minutes [1]
> >
> >        [1] http://www.w3.org/
> >
> >     <tzviya> * Use Cases for Houdini (Brady and Markus)
> >
> >     <tzviya> * Introduce and review Packaging on the Web [2]
> >
> >        [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/26-dpub-irc
> >
> >     <mgylling> scribe: mgylling
> >
> >     <tzviya> minutes
> >     [8]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/05-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> >        [8] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/05-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> > approval of minutes from last week
> >
> >     Tzviya: minutes are approved
> >
> >     <liza> YEAH MINUTES!!!
> >
> >     <pkra1> those weren't last week's minutes?
> >
> >     <murakami> [9]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/12-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> >        [9] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/12-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> >     <Vlad> Sorry, I am on the IRC only today
> >
> >     <tzviya> Use Cases for Houdini (Brady and Markus)
> >
> > use cases for Houdini
> >
> >     <dauwhe> [10]https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout
> >
> >       [10] https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout
> >
> >     Tzviya: Brady and Markus has been working on these
> >
> >     <pbelfanti> *Paul waves back to Karen :)
> >
> >     Brady: the update is I am typing right now… Markus did contact
> >     me and mention that we need to have these ready
> >
> >     <david_stroup> I'm 585.217
> >
> >     … I am updating some of the requirements, adding a few more
> >
> >     … and we need to pull out those relating to personalization
> >
> >     … working on pending action items as well
> >
> >     … still hasnt really been looked at by other implementors as
> >     far as I know, Markus have you contacted anyone?
> >
> >     … I am concerned, we should vet it before exposing to CSSWG
> >
> >     Tzviya: there are some RS and browser that I could expose this
> >     to if you are interested
> >
> >     Brady: I think opening this up for comments to any implementor
> >     is fine
> >
> >     <pkra1> +q
> >
> >     Brady: I will try and finish today, and then I’ll ping the list
> >
> >     pkra: for us at MathJax it is very interesting, simply because
> >     polyfilling something as complex as MathML […], the MathML WG
> >     may be interested as well
> >
> >     … re Houdini
> >
> >     Brady: Houdini has a very broad interest base
> >
> >     Tzviya: Brady, you said you’re working on the pagination AND
> >     personalization?
> >
> >     <dauwhe> pkra: have you seen
> >     [11]https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout? Any
> >     ideas along these lines that would help with Math would be
> >     great.
> >
> >       [11] https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout?
> >
> >     Brady: I am just moving the personalization stuff, not adding
> >     anything new
> >
> >     Tzviya: we have personalization use cases already… [scrolling]
> >     …. I think we need to clean that up and combine everything
> >
> >     … Markus and I agree to take a look at this re cleanup, anyone
> >     want to help?
> >
> >     Liza: I can do it
> >
> >     <astearns> inasmuch as Houdini may need new hooks for runtime
> >     style modifications, it may open new avenues for
> >     personalization
> >
> >     Tzviya: we should have something to present by early next week
> >
> >     dauwhe: posted a link to part of the wiki mostly for techie
> >     people
> >
> >     … I have a tiny wishlist for DPUB at the bottom
> >
> >     <tzviya> [12]https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout
> >
> >       [12] https://wiki.css-houdini.org/explaining-css-layout
> >
> >     <murakami> Printing is also usecase of Houdini.
> >
> >     <tzviya> [13]http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/
> >
> >       [13] http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/
> >
> > packaging on the web document
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: we are looking for a review of the packaging
> >     for the web document
> >
> >     <tzviya> ... from the perspective of DPUB. It is an alrernative
> >     to zip and represents a proposal for multipart MIME
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...IDPF did have a version of multipart MIME, and it
> >     would be interesting to see a comparison of these versions
> >
> >     <liza> Skinnier jeans?
> >
> >     <tzviya> brady: the IDPF multipart MIME from 1999 was rejected
> >     because people were interested only in zip
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...it's a little odd that this came out without
> >     consulting the digital publishing community and asking what was
> >     needed
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: perhaps now is the time for comments on ed
> >     draft
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: the idea of native support in browsers is
> >     important
> >
> >     <tzviya> tzviya: perhaps the reason that this is relevant now
> >     is that there is interest in publishing not just "content", but
> >     information beyond content
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...such as data-sets, excel files, programming code...
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...and, as people read on mobile devices, zip is not
> >     the simplest option
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...Proprietary options are becoming available
> >
> >     <tzviya> dauwhe: I read the spec and concluded that I don't
> >     understand packaging
> >
> >     Tzviya: I also read through the spec, and was technically
> >     challenging… like with CFI, if there aren’t tools, it cant
> >     really take off
> >
> >     Dave: helpful if there was a guide for background
> >
> >     <tzviya> dauwhe: it would be helpful to understand why this is
> >     being done now and read some background material
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: it would be nice to have 1999 version
> >     available for background
> >
> >     <tzviya> ...the authors in 1999 probably had publishing in mind
> >
> >     <tzviya> brady: I will send it out
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: we will do a coordinated IG response
> >
> >     <astearns> I'll definitely review
> >
> >     <tzviya> reviewers: brady, dave, tzviya, alan
> >
> >     <tzviya> markus: 2 weeks from now, we will revisit Packaging
> >     for Web
> >
> >     <scribe> Scribe: Markus
> >
> >     Heather: will review i18n documentation
> >
> >     <tzviya>
> >     [14]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/64149/DPUB-STEM-2014-12/
> >
> >       [14] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/64149/DPUB-STEM-2014-12/
> >
> >     pkra: sent out an email with final draft of STEM survey, please
> >     take a look so that we rollout next month as planned
> >
> >     <pkra1> thx
> >
> >     <HeatherF> thanks
> >
> > Summary of Action Items
> >
> >     [End of minutes]
> >       __________________________________________________________
> >
> >
> >      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version
> >      1.140 ([16]CVS log)
> >      $Date: 2015-01-26 17:03:53 $
> >       __________________________________________________________
> >
> >       [15]
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
> >       [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
> >
> > Scribe.perl diagnostic output
> >
> >     [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
> > This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
> > Check for newer version at [17]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
> > scribe/
> >
> >       [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/
> >
> > Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
> >
> > Succeeded: s/persin/person/
> > Succeeded: s/MIMI/MIME/
> > Found Scribe: mgylling
> > Inferring ScribeNick: mgylling
> > Found Scribe: Markus
> > Scribes: mgylling, Markus
> > Present: Ben_De_Meester
> >
> > WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!
> >
> > Regrets: Phil Deborah Ivan Luc
> >
> > WARNING: No meeting chair found!
> > You should specify the meeting chair like this:
> > <dbooth> Chair: dbooth
> >
> > Found Date: 26 Jan 2015
> > Guessing minutes URL: [18]http://www.w3.org/2015/01/26-dpub-minutes.html
> > People with action items:
> >
> >       [18] http://www.w3.org/2015/01/26-dpub-minutes.html
> >
> > WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
> > You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.
> >
> >
> >
> >     [End of [19]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
> >
> >       [19]
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
> >
>
>
>
>


-- 

*Julie Morris*

Project Manager: Standards & Best Practices

Book Industry Study Group | BISG.org <http://www.bisg.org/>

Tel: 646-336-7141 Ext 14

Email: julie@bisg.org
Received on Wednesday, 28 January 2015 15:17:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:35:54 UTC