Re: Call for comments from IG: STEM survey first draft

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:04:04 +0100
Cc: Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>, Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>, Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
To: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>

> On 20 Jan 2015, at 14:59 , Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>

> On 20/01/2015 14:19, Peter Krautzberger wrote:
>> > I am not sure I understand who are the pigs.
>>
>> We (the TF) had decided to do a test run with a small number of test
>> subjects; this found approval on a regular IG call later.
>>
>> The goal will be to reduce our inevitable blind spots before releasing
>> it to the wider group of people. The data from these test subjects would
>> not enter the survey (though they would be able to take part in the
>> final survey as well).
>
> Yes I  am aware of that resolution, I couldn't (and don't) understand why they are called pigs.

Thierry,

"guinea pig" is an English expression. It is a name of an animal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_pig

in contrast google translate, it is 'cochon d'inde' in Frence. And it is also used as an expression for "cobaye".

Digital Publishing Activity Lead
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704