Re: Fonts (was Re: follow up on service workers for publishing platform)

EPUB has tackled this SOMEWHAT with font obfuscation.  Additionally, many
fonts are selling distributable licenses that make it legal.

What I think PWP should address is:
1) An easy way to include any rights language (some things provided by GPL
or purchased licenses require you distribute the license with the file)
2) A way to obfuscate/encrypt certain files (if that is even really
possible/probably)

In my dealings, Fonts are more a headache for the publisher/designers as
they have a limited pallet to work with when it comes to digital
publications, but technical issues shouldn't be the gating item.

-Nick

--
- Nick Ruffilo
@NickRuffilo