Re: Active lobbying: Math

From: Deborah Kaplan <dkaplan@safaribooksonline.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:06:29 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
To: "Belfanti, Paul" <paul.belfanti@pearson.com>
cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Belfanti, Paul wrote:

> I think one important step would be for a broad range of stakeholders to issue joint public statements in support of MathML and EDUPUB
> and signal their intent to publish content in these standards at volume.

What can DPUB IG do internally to help make something like this happen?  I don't particularly want to volunteer drive such an effort, because I don't have the knowledge of institutional history or the connections to a good enough job. But I would really love to see us make this happen.

For what it's worth, I know I'm asking for something which is difficult, and which lots of people have tried before. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying again, though. :-)

Deborah