From: Bill Kasdorf
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:32 PM
To: Nick Ruffilo ; Dave Cramer
Cc: AUDRAIN LUC ; Ivan Herman ; Stein, Ayla ; Thierry Michel ; W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: RE: [dpub identifiers] Please review updated Identifiers TF wiki

Precisely! Thanks.

When people respond by saying, wrt pointing just to the start of the print page on which the thing you really mean occurs (the thing the index entry means, the thing the cross reference is referencing, etc.), "what the heck good is that?", I point out that that is precisely all that those things have ever done in print. J They just say "somewhere between this point, where page 53 begins, and the next such milestone marker, which says where page 54 begins . . . somewhere between those two markers is the thing I'm trying to direct your attention to." So using them is regrettably no better, but at least no worse, than what they've always done.

--Bill K