From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 11:54 PM
To: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken
Cc: Bill Kasdorf; W3C Digital Publishing IG; Thierry Michel; Liam Quin
Subject: [Trackbot admin] Re: [dpub] Summary document for our metadata discussion Monday

Tzviya,

to use our issue tracker, it would be good if you could send a mail separately for each entry with 1-2 words for the records. We can then add issue to the tracker for each of those.

Here is the way it may then store the issues later:

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/email

Thierry, Liam, do you remember if there is a way to automatically generate a new issue from an email, or should it be done by hand? Alternatively, a new issue can be created from the IRC Bot (which is always on):

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

which will return a new Issue number, that can be used in those mails (ie, create the issue first in IRC and then send the mail).

This is the kind of thing we would get, drawn from another group:

http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/Group/track/issues/33

I have already created a separate 'product', in tracker jargon, for the metadata TF. The tracker interface:

http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/

would give then all kinds of info on open issues, actions, etc.

I think it is worth using this.

Ivan