W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > February 2014

[Minutes] 2014-02-24 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:31:16 +0100
Message-ID: <530B81E4.5050401@w3.org>
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference 
dated 2014-02-24 are now available at

http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-02-24

These public minutes are also linked  from the dpub wiki
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings

Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Best,

Thierry Michel

----------------------------

Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Minutes of 24 February 2014

    Present
           [1]Alan Stearns, [2]Bert Bos, [3]Bill Kasdorf, [4]Brady
           Duga, [5]Dave Cramer, [6]Dmitry Shkolnik, [7]Frederick
           Hirsch, [8]Gerardo Capiel, [9]Ivan Herman, [10]Liam
           Quin, [11]Luc Audrain, [12]Markus Gylling, [13]Robert
           Sanderson, [14]Sharad Garg, [15]Thierry Michel, [16]Tom
           De Nies, [17]Tzviya Siegman.

       [1] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns
       [2] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bert_Bos
       [3] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf
       [4] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga
       [5] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer
       [6] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik
       [7] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch
       [8] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel
       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin
      [11] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain
      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
      [13] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Sharad_Garg
      [15] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies
      [17] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Regrets
           [18]Julie Morris, [19]Luc Audrain, [20]Sharad Garg,
           [21]Bert Bos

      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Julie_Morris
      [19] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain
      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Sharad_Garg
      [21] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bert_Bos

    IRC Log
           [22]Original

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/24-dpub-irc

    Resolutions
           None.

    Topics

    Zakim IRC Bot: DPUB_DPUBIG()11:00AM has now started [23]←
15:58:24 <Zakim> +Vlad

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Vlad [24]←
15:58:31 <Zakim> +??P24

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P24 [25]←
15:58:44 <gcapiel> Za

    [26]Gerardo Capiel: Za [27]←
15:59:04 <Zakim> +??P26

      [26] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P26 [28]←
15:59:12 <ivan> zakim, code?

    [29]Ivan Herman: zakim, code? [30]←
15:59:12 <Zakim> the conference code is 3782 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:za
kim@voip.w3.org), ivan

      [29] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Zakim IRC Bot: the conference code is 3782 (tel:+1.617.761.6200
    sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), ivan [31]←
15:59:15 <gcapiel> Zakim, ??P26 JS

    [32]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, ??P26 JS [33]←
15:59:15 <Zakim> I don't understand '??P26 JS', gcapiel

      [32] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand '??P26 JS', gcapiel [34]←
15:59:21 <mgylling> Zakim, ??p26 is me

    [35]Markus Gylling: Zakim, ??p26 is me [36]←
15:59:21 <Zakim> +mgylling; got it

      [35] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +mgylling; got it [37]←
15:59:32 <Zakim> + +1.212.364.aaaa

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.212.364.aaaa [38]←
15:59:36 <gcapiel> Zakim, ??P24 is me

    [39]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, ??P24 is me [40]←
15:59:36 <Zakim> +gcapiel; got it

      [39] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

    Zakim IRC Bot: +gcapiel; got it [41]←
15:59:42 <Zakim> +Stearns

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Stearns [42]←
15:59:51 <Zakim> +dauwhe

    Zakim IRC Bot: +dauwhe [43]←
16:00:17 <mgylling> Regrets: Julie_Morris_BISG, laudrain, Sharad Garg, B
ert

    (Scribe set to [44]Dave Cramer)
16:03:31 <mgylling> scribe: dauwhe_
16:03:31 <tzviya> I'm working from someone else's house so i'll have to
be on mute for most of the time

      [44] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [45]Tzviya Siegman: I'm working from someone else's house so
    i'll have to be on mute for most of the time [46]←
16:03:43 <Zakim> +AWK

      [45] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: +AWK [47]←
16:03:59 <Zakim> + +1.734.904.aadd

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.734.904.aadd [48]←
16:04:07 <dauwhe_> mgylling: after calls on singular topics, time for su
mmaries today.

    [49]Markus Gylling: after calls on singular topics, time for
    summaries today. [50]←
16:04:19 <dauwhe_> ... want next steps and timelines

      [49] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... want next steps and timelines [51]←
16:04:22 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [52]←
16:04:23 <fjh> zakim, IPcaller is me

    [53]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, IPcaller is me [54]←
16:04:23 <Zakim> +fjh; got it

      [53] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

    Zakim IRC Bot: +fjh; got it [55]←
16:04:32 <dauwhe_> ... more concrete in getting to next steps in each ef
forts

    ... more concrete in getting to next steps in each efforts
    [56]←
16:04:42 <dauwhe_> ... need to approve minutes

    ... need to approve minutes [57]←
16:04:55 <dauwhe_> ... comments on minutes?

    ... comments on minutes? [58]←
16:04:59 <dshkolnik> Zakim, mute me

    [59]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, mute me [60]←
16:04:59 <Zakim> sorry, dshkolnik, I do not know which phone connection
belongs to you

      [59] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: sorry, dshkolnik, I do not know which phone
    connection belongs to you [61]←
16:05:01 <dauwhe_> ... last weeks minutes are approved.

    ... last weeks minutes are approved. [62]←
16:05:16 <dauwhe_> ... were Jan. 27 minutes approved?

    ... were Jan. 27 minutes approved? [63]←
16:05:22 <dauwhe_> Ivan: no meeting last week

    [64]Ivan Herman: no meeting last week [65]←
16:05:27 <tzviya> the 37 Jan minutes were not approved at last meeting

      [64] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [66]Tzviya Siegman: the 27 Jan minutes were not approved at
    last meeting [67]←
16:05:31 <dauwhe_> mgylling: it was two weeks ago

      [66] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [68]Markus Gylling: it was two weeks ago [69]←
16:05:43 <Zakim> +duga

      [68] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [70]←
16:05:44 <ivan> s/37/27/
16:05:45 <dauwhe_> ... minutes of january 27 still not approved

    ... minutes of january 27 still not approved [71]←
16:06:01 <dauwhe_> ... markus has submitted corrections

    ... markus has submitted corrections [72]←
16:06:06 <dauwhe_> ... OK to approve?

    ... OK to approve? [73]←
16:06:07 <Zakim> -AWK

    ... minutes are approved. Hooray! [74]←
16:06:27 <Zakim> +AWK

    Zakim IRC Bot: +AWK [75]←
16:06:39 <dshkolnik> Zakim, AWK is dshkolnik

    [76]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, AWK is dshkolnik [77]←
16:06:39 <Zakim> +dshkolnik; got it

      [76] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: +dshkolnik; got it [78]←
16:06:45 <dshkolnik> Zakim, mute me

    [79]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, mute me [80]←
16:06:45 <Zakim> dshkolnik should now be muted

      [79] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: dshkolnik should now be muted [81]←
16:06:50 <dauwhe_> Ivan: admin note: in two weeks, there will be a two-w
eek period where Europe and US will differ on daylight savings time.

    [82]Ivan Herman: admin note: in two weeks, there will be a
    two-week period where Europe and US will differ on daylight
    savings time. [83]←
16:07:12 <dauwhe_> ... calls will be at same time for US residents

      [82] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... calls will be at same time for US residents [84]←
16:07:20 <dauwhe_> .... but will be one hour earlier for everyone in Eur
ope

    .... but will be one hour earlier for everyone in Europe [85]←
16:07:30 <dauwhe_> ... I will send out an email to warn people of this c
hange

    ... I will send out an email to warn people of this change
    [86]←
16:07:38 <dauwhe_> ... but expect chaos.

    ... but expect chaos. [87]←
16:08:25 <dauwhe_> ... UTC for W3C is irrelevant. Zero time is in Cambri
dge (our fair city).

    ... UTC for W3C is irrelevant. Zero time is in Cambridge, US
    (our fair city). [88]←
16:08:44 <dauwhe_> mgylling: in agenda, lots of task forces. We'll go th
rough one by one.

    [89]Markus Gylling: in agenda, lots of task forces. We'll go
    through one by one. [90]←
16:08:55 <ivan> s/Cambridge/Cambridge, US/
16:08:58 <dauwhe_> ... summarize recent activity, near term plans, and t
imlines

      [89] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... summarize recent activity, near term plans, and timlines
    [91]←
16:09:13 <dauwhe_> ... record commitments for next steps, which will var
y by task force.

    ... record commitments for next steps, which will vary by task
    force. [92]←
16:09:31 <Zakim> +[Ugent]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[Ugent] [93]←
16:09:35 <dauwhe_> ... starting with Dave and LatinReq

    ... starting with Dave and LatinReq [94]←
16:09:41 <TomDN> Zakim, Ugent is me

    [95]Tom De Nies: Zakim, Ugent is me [96]←
16:09:41 <Zakim> +TomDN; got it

      [95] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: +TomDN; got it [97]←
16:09:46 <mgylling> scribe: mgylling

    (Scribe set to [98]Markus Gylling)
16:09:56 <TomDN> Zakim, mute me

      [98] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [99]Tom De Nies: Zakim, mute me [100]←
16:09:56 <Zakim> TomDN should now be muted

      [99] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

    Zakim IRC Bot: TomDN should now be muted [101]←
16:10:28 <mgylling> Dave: not much recent activity, dude to day job and
big push on CSS side (CSS Paged Media). So things have been quiet on Lat
inReq.

    [102]Dave Cramer: not much recent activity, due to day job and
    big push on CSS side (CSS Paged Media). So things have been
    quiet on LatinReq. [103]←
16:10:51 <mgylling> Dave: next step is to flesh out the drop caps sectio
n, will help ebook industry quite a bit

     [102] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [104]Dave Cramer: next step is to flesh out the drop caps
    section, will help ebook industry quite a bit [105]←
16:10:59 <ivan> s/dude/due/
16:11:29 <mgylling> Dave: Ben Ko has been working on table layout, but a
lso limited due to day job. Not sure on his timing

     [104] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [106]Dave Cramer: Ben Ko has been working on table layout, but
    also limited due to day job. Not sure on his timing [107]←
16:12:13 <mgylling> Markus: what is needed to publish a public draft?

     [106] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [108]Markus Gylling: what is needed to publish a public draft?
    [109]←
16:13:02 <mgylling> Dave: clear that this document is going to evolve, p
art of me thinks we can publish a draft at any time. Already used as ref
erenced in CSSWG, to illustrate points. Would be nice to have a more off
icial status

     [108] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [110]Dave Cramer: clear that this document is going to evolve,
    part of me thinks we can publish a draft at any time. Already
    used as referenced in CSSWG, to illustrate points. Would be
    nice to have a more official status [111]←
16:13:22 <mgylling> Dave: thinks it falls under W3C WG draft at this poi
nt

     [110] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [112]Dave Cramer: thinks it falls under W3C WG draft at this
    point [113]←
16:13:35 <ivan> q+

     [112] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [114]Ivan Herman: q+ [115]←
16:14:35 <mgylling> Markus: astearns has been contributing about grids a
nd stuff as well, but no recent discussion.

     [114] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [116]Markus Gylling: Alan Stearns has been contributing about
    grids and stuff as well, but no recent discussion. [117]←
16:15:10 <dauwhe_> astearns: I've mostly been working on grids

     [116] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [118]Alan Stearns: I've mostly been working on grids [ Scribe
    Assist by [119]Dave Cramer ] [120]←
16:15:23 <dauwhe_> ... but may not be able to contribute on adaptive lay
out for a while

     [118] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns
     [119] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [121]Dave Cramer: ... but may not be able to contribute on
    adaptive layout for a while [122]←
16:15:26 <dshkolnik> I am

     [121] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [123]Dmitry Shkolnik: I am [124]←
16:15:30 <mgylling> asterans: haven't done anything re adaptive layout,
for now baseline grid, not sure when I will have time to contribute re a
daptive. Maybe Dimitri has something to contribute?
[125]

     [123] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik
     [125] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    Alan Stearns: haven't done anything re adaptive layout, for now
    baseline grid, not sure when I will have time to contribute re
    adaptive. Maybe Dimitri has something to contribute? [126]←
16:15:32 <dshkolnik> Zakim, unmute me

    [127]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, unmute me [128]←
16:15:32 <Zakim> dshkolnik should no longer be muted

     [127] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: dshkolnik should no longer be muted [129]←
16:15:36 <dauwhe_> ... Dimitry may be able to contribute, possibly

    [130]Dave Cramer: ... Dimitry may be able to contribute,
    possibly [131]←
16:16:03 <dauwhe_> dshkolnik: don't yet have specific requirements

     [130] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [132]Dmitry Shkolnik: don't yet have specific requirements
    Scribe Assist by [133]Dave Cramer ] [134]←
16:16:05 <mgylling> dshkolnik: trying to get information specific for ma
gazine publishers, and frankly we don't see any specific requirements

     [132] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik
     [133] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [135]Dmitry Shkolnik: trying to get information specific for
    magazine publishers, and frankly we don't see any specific
    requirements [136]←
16:16:16 <ivan> q later

     [135] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    [137]Ivan Herman: q later [138]←
16:16:47 <dauwhe_> mgylling: don't wait for adaptive layout info

     [137] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [139]Markus Gylling: don't wait for adaptive layout info
    Scribe Assist by [140]Dave Cramer ] [141]←
16:16:56 <astearns> +1

     [139] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [140] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [142]Alan Stearns: +1 [143]←
16:16:57 <dauwhe_> ... we can evolve document in time

     [142] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

    [144]Dave Cramer: ... we can evolve document in time [145]←
16:16:59 <mgylling> ack ivan

     [144] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ack ivan [146]←
16:17:08 <mgylling> ack liam

    ack liam [147]←
16:17:08 <Zakim> liam, you wanted to share notes about adaptive layout -
  content and constraints

    Zakim IRC Bot: liam, you wanted to share notes about adaptive
    layout - content and constraints [148]←
16:17:10 <dauwhe_> Ivan: Liam firs

    [149]Ivan Herman: Liam firs [ Scribe Assist by [150]Dave Cramer
    ] [151]←
16:17:12 <dshkolnik> Zakim, mute me

     [149] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [150] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [152]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, mute me [153]←
16:17:12 <Zakim> dshkolnik should now be muted

     [152] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: dshkolnik should now be muted [154]←
16:17:29 <dauwhe_> liam: did notes about adaptive layout when I did XSL-
FO

    [155]Liam Quin: did notes about adaptive layout when I did
    XSL-FO [ Scribe Assist by [156]Dave Cramer ] [157]←
16:17:35 <dauwhe_> ... the idea of alternate content

     [155] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin
     [156] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [158]Dave Cramer: ... the idea of alternate content [159]←
16:17:59 <dauwhe_> ... depending on space, use shorter chapter title in
running head if full title doesn't fit

     [158] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [160]Dave Cramer: ... depending on space, use shorter chapter
    title in running head if full title doesn't fit [161]←
16:18:12 <dauwhe_> ... layout constraints, which has been discussed arou
nd regions

     [160] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [162]Dave Cramer: ... layout constraints, which has been
    discussed around regions [163]←
16:18:27 <dauwhe_> ... some region use cases are about adaptive layout

     [162] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [164]Dave Cramer: ... some region use cases are about adaptive
    layout [165]←
16:18:34 <dauwhe_> ... I'm happy to share my notes

     [164] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [166]Dave Cramer: ... I'm happy to share my notes [167]←
16:18:44 <ivan> scribe: dauwhe_

     [166] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    (Scribe set to [168]Dave Cramer)
16:18:51 <dauwhe_> ... agree we should go forward and publish

     [168] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    ... agree we should go forward and publish [169]←
16:19:05 <dauwhe_> mgylling: adaptive content and layout are siblings

    [170]Markus Gylling: adaptive content and layout are siblings
    [171]←
16:19:32 <dauwhe_> ... trying to make sure that the IG produces use case
s that serve publisher's needs

     [170] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... trying to make sure that the IG produces use cases that
    serve publisher's needs [172]←
16:20:04 <dauwhe_> ... when would corpus of requirements for adaptive la
yout be needed by CSSWG for regions?

    ... when would corpus of requirements for adaptive layout be
    needed by CSSWG for regions? [173]←
16:20:13 <dauwhe_> Ivan: for mechanics

    [174]Ivan Herman: for mechanics [175]←
16:20:20 <dauwhe_> ... this would be our first published document

     [174] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... this would be our first published document [176]←
16:20:32 <dauwhe_> ... publishing at W3C happens on Tuesdays and Thursda
ys

    ... publishing at W3C happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays [177]←
16:20:57 <dauwhe_> ... before we do anything, Ivan will need to request
an official short name, which is latinreq

    ... before we do anything, Ivan will need to request an
    official short name, which is latinreq [178]←
16:21:05 <dauwhe_> ... must officially register that shortname

    ... must officially register that shortname [179]←
16:21:20 <dauwhe_> ... it's good that document is ready two=three days b
efore pub date

    ... it's good that document is ready two=three days before pub
    date [180]←
16:21:32 <dauwhe_> ... we can decide on time later

    ... we can decide on time later [181]←
16:21:40 <dauwhe_> ... I do not travel at all in March

    ... I do not travel at all in March [182]←
16:21:49 <tmichel> I am also around for publication

    [183]Thierry Michel: I am also around for publication if
    needed[184]←
16:22:18 <dauwhe_> ... ReSpec handles most problems that come up

     [183] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    ... ReSpec handles most problems that come up [185]←
16:22:32 <tmichel> with respec we should be set ... validation and publi
cation rules

    [186]Thierry Michel: with Respec we should be set ...
    validation and publication rules [187]←
16:23:23 <dauwhe_> mgylling: sounds good. Is your ambition to flesh out
drop caps and table layout before pub?

     [186] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

    [188]Markus Gylling: sounds good. Is your ambition to flesh out
    drop caps and table layout before pub? [189]←
16:23:29 <dauwhe_> dauwhe: I'll think about that.

     [188] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [190]Dave Cramer: I'll think about that. [191]←
16:23:42 <dauwhe_> mgylling: shall we move on? Any more questions about
latinreq?

     [190] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [192]Markus Gylling: shall we move on? Any more questions about
    latinreq? [193]←
16:23:45 <azaroth> Static copy of Anno use cases: http://www.openannotat
ion.org/usecases.html

     [192] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [194]Robert Sanderson: Static copy of Anno use cases:
    [195]http://www.openannotation.org/usecases.html [196]←
16:23:50 <dauwhe_> ... Rob with annotations

     [194] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [195] http://www.openannotation.org/usecases.html

    ... Rob with annotations [197]←
16:24:03 <dauwhe_> azaroth: been away recently

    [198]Robert Sanderson: been away recently [199]←
16:24:26 <dauwhe_> ... there is a version of use cases posted at above l
ink, 80% complete

     [198] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ... there is a version of use cases posted at above link, 80%
    complete [200]←
16:24:32 <dauwhe_> ... done with respec

    ... done with respec [201]←
16:24:36 <dauwhe_> ... still need some work

    ... still need some work [202]←
16:24:44 <Zakim> + +1.609.216.aaee

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.609.216.aaee [203]←
16:24:49 <dauwhe_> ... talked with Ivan and Markus

    ... talked with Ivan and Markus [204]←
16:24:59 <dauwhe_> .... todo item is that short name needs to be changed

    .... todo item is that short name needs to be changed [205]←
16:25:10 <dauwhe_> ... to something like annotation use cases

    ... to something like annotation use cases [206]←
16:25:13 <dauwhe_> ... comments welcome

    ... comments welcome [207]←
16:25:29 <ivan> q+

    [208]Ivan Herman: q+ [209]←
16:25:36 <dauwhe_> ... we are moving ahead with various W3C efforts like
  workshop in April

     [208] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... we are moving ahead with various W3C efforts like workshop
    in April [210]←
16:25:43 <dauwhe_> ... and discussing charter for Annotation WG

    ... and discussing charter for Annotation WG [211]←
16:25:58 <dauwhe_> mgylling: time and next steps?

    [212]Markus Gylling: time and next steps? [213]←
16:26:13 <dauwhe_> ... 80% complete, once you reach 100%, when?

     [212] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... 80% complete, once you reach 100%, when? [214]←
16:26:29 <dauwhe_> .azaroth: done by next week

    .azaroth: done by next week [215]←
16:26:47 <dauwhe_> Ivan: if you feel it's 100% we can publish at note

    [216]Ivan Herman: if you feel it's 100% we can publish at note
    [217]←
16:27:02 <dauwhe_> ... usually we publish as Working Draft, asking for c
omments from community

     [216] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... usually we publish as Working Draft, asking for comments
    from community [218]←
16:27:16 <dauwhe_> ... better to publish as WD to encourage comments

    ... better to publish as WD to encourage comments [219]←
16:27:39 <dauwhe_> ... in this case, try to publish together with latinr
eq, good that we publish several docs

    ... in this case, try to publish together with latinreq, good
    that we publish several docs [220]←
16:27:47 <dauwhe_> ... I think this can be done. So why not?

    ... I think this can be done. So why not? [221]←
16:27:57 <Zakim> +JeanKaplansky

    Zakim IRC Bot: +JeanKaplansky [222]←
16:28:00 <dauwhe_> ... keep on open annotation, or move to github?

    ... keep on open annotation, or move to github? [223]←
16:28:06 <dauwhe_> azaroth: can live anywhere.

    [224]Robert Sanderson: can live anywhere. [225]←
16:28:24 <dauwhe_> Ivan: prefer to put it on github

     [224] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [226]Ivan Herman: prefer to put it on github [227]←
16:28:37 <dauwhe_> .... makes it easier for others to contribute

     [226] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    .... makes it easier for others to contribute [228]←
16:28:48 <dauwhe_> ... if it's outside GitHub, that may create future di
fficulties

    ... if it's outside GitHub, that may create future difficulties
    [229]←
16:29:00 <dauwhe_> azaroth: not a problem

    [230]Robert Sanderson: not a problem [231]←
16:29:16 <dauwhe_> mgylling: publishing a draft sounds good.

     [230] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [232]Markus Gylling: publishing a draft sounds good. [233]←
16:29:19 <dauwhe_> azaroth: +1

     [232] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [234]Robert Sanderson: +1 [235]←
16:29:27 <dauwhe_> mgylling: no issues with charter?

     [234] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    [236]Markus Gylling: no issues with charter? [237]←
16:29:38 <dauwhe_> Ivan: charter will be finalized after workshop.

     [236] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [238]Ivan Herman: charter will be finalized after workshop.
    [239]←
16:29:48 <dauwhe_> ... by time WG starts, probably be end of summer

     [238] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... by time WG starts, probably be end of summer [240]←
16:29:57 <dauwhe_> ... OK if it's a final note when WG starts.

    ... OK if it's a final note when WG starts. [241]←
16:30:01 <dauwhe_> mgylling: great.

    [242]Markus Gylling: great. [243]←
16:30:08 <dauwhe_> ... one more week to reach 100%

     [242] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... one more week to reach 100% [244]←
16:30:18 <dauwhe_> ... Ivan wants both published simultaneously

    ... Ivan wants both published simultaneously [245]←
16:30:26 <dauwhe_> ... leads me back to Dave Cramer

    ... leads me back to Dave Cramer [246]←
16:30:35 <dauwhe_> ... next Monday to decide? Is that possible?

    ... next Monday to decide? Is that possible? [247]←
16:30:57 <dauwhe_> dauwhe: ok to decide next monday.

    [248]Dave Cramer: ok to decide next monday. [249]←
16:31:00 <mgylling> q?

     [248] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

    [250]Markus Gylling: q? [251]←
16:31:04 <dauwhe_> mgylling: more questions on annotations?

     [250] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [252]Markus Gylling: more questions on annotations? [253]←
16:31:08 <mgylling> ack ivan

     [252] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [254]Markus Gylling: ack ivan [255]←
16:31:20 <ivan> regrets+ Liza

     [254] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [256]Ivan Herman: regrets+ Liza [257]←
16:31:36 <dauwhe_> mgylling: what's next? DOM pagination, with no leader

     [256] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [258]Markus Gylling: what's next? DOM pagination, with no
    leader [259]←
16:31:46 <dauwhe_> ... discussed two weeks ago when I was not on the cal
l

     [258] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... discussed two weeks ago when I was not on the call [260]←
16:31:56 <dauwhe_> ... others are better equipped to summarize

    ... others are better equipped to summarize [261]←
16:32:17 <dauwhe_> brady_duga: had action item to review use cases

    [262]Brady Duga: had action item to review use cases [263]←
16:32:26 <dauwhe_> ... I'm only a week late; hopefully be next week

     [262] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    ... I'm only a week late; hopefully be next week [264]←
16:32:44 <dauwhe_> mgylling: you were looking for a task force lead. Any
  ideas yet?

    [265]Markus Gylling: you were looking for a task force lead.
    Any ideas yet? [266]←
16:32:57 <dauwhe_> brady_duga: don't remember who said what.

     [265] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [267]Brady Duga: don't remember who said what. [268]←
16:33:23 <dauwhe_> Ivan: Liza may ask someone at ??? University, more to
  join the group than to find a chair

     [267] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

    [269]Ivan Herman: Liza may ask someone at Oxford University,
    more to join the group than to find a chair [270]←
16:33:36 <dauwhe_> s/???/Oxford/
16:34:21 <dauwhe_> mgylling: use cases are reading-system-centric, shoul
d look at from content producer perspective

     [269] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [271]Markus Gylling: use cases are reading-system-centric,
    should look at from content producer perspective [272]←
16:34:25 <tzviya> weren't we going to ask Random House for use cases?

     [271] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [273]Tzviya Siegman: weren't we going to ask Random House for
    use cases? [274]←
16:34:33 <dauwhe_> ... that's one motivation to reach out to Oxford

     [273] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    ... that's one motivation to reach out to Oxford [275]←
16:34:47 <dauwhe_> ... not much more we can do with Pagination DOM today
. Am I missing something? No

    ... not much more we can do with Pagination DOM today. Am I
    missing something? No [276]←
16:34:55 <dauwhe_> ... moving on to Bill and Madi

    ... moving on to Bill and Madi [277]←
16:35:29 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: not an orphaned group, just a neglectfu
l parent. EDUPUB and EPUB3 Test Suite have taken lots of time

    [278]Bill Kasdorf: not an orphaned group, just a neglectful
    parent. EDUPUB and EPUB3 Test Suite have taken lots of time
    [279]←
16:35:44 <dauwhe_> ... progress so far due to Ivan, who restructured wik
i

     [278] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... progress so far due to Ivan, who restructured wiki [280]←
16:35:57 <dauwhe_> ... Ivan, Luc, and Phil have discussed issues on Wiki

    ... Ivan, Luc, and Phil have discussed issues on Wiki [281]←
16:36:21 <dauwhe_> ... quick summary: fundamental existential question o
f whether this IG is the right place to discuss these issues

    ... quick summary: fundamental existential question of whether
    this IG is the right place to discuss these issues [282]←
16:36:28 <dauwhe_> ... consensus is that this is the right place

    ... consensus is that this is the right place [283]←
16:36:39 <dauwhe_> ... start creating concrete use cases

    ... start creating concrete use cases [284]←
16:36:44 <dauwhe_> ... there are only two so far

    ... there are only two so far [285]←
16:36:52 <dauwhe_> ... overarching issue is vocabulary

    ... overarching issue is vocabulary [286]←
16:36:59 <dauwhe_> ... I said that was slippery slope

    ... I said that was slippery slope [287]←
16:37:05 <dauwhe_> ... there are a kazillion vocabularies

    ... there are a kazillion vocabularies [288]←
16:37:17 <dauwhe_> ... people dive into vocabularies too easily

    ... people dive into vocabularies too easily [289]←
16:37:31 <dauwhe_> ... having a guide to vocabularies has positive suppo
rt

    ... having a guide to vocabularies has positive support [290]←
16:37:55 <dauwhe_> ... resources about resources: documents about all th
ese vocabularies

    ... resources about resources: documents about all these
    vocabularies [291]←
16:38:02 <dauwhe_> ... developing such a guide would be useful

    ... developing such a guide would be useful [292]←
16:38:27 <dauwhe_> ... I'll be overseas next week, so won't be able to c
ontribute for a while

    ... I'll be overseas next week, so won't be able to contribute
    for a while [293]←
16:38:41 <dauwhe_> ... but after that trip, I'll have some time. Will ma
ke strong push

    ... but after that trip, I'll have some time. Will make strong
    push [294]←
16:39:01 <dauwhe_> ... tasks: 1. develop description of the "guide to vo
cabularies"

    ... tasks: 1. develop description of the "guide to
    vocabularies" [295]←
16:39:07 <dauwhe_> ... 2. Add use cases

    ... 2. Add use cases [296]←
16:39:27 <dauwhe_> mgylling: 2nd half of march is when we expect you to
ramp up?

    [297]Markus Gylling: 2nd half of march is when we expect you to
    ramp up? [298]←
16:39:37 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: back on March 10.

     [297] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [299]Bill Kasdorf: back on March 10. [300]←
16:40:09 <mgylling> q?

     [299] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [301]Markus Gylling: q? [302]←
16:40:10 <dauwhe_> mgylling: OK. Ivan and others, do you have any commen
ts?

     [301] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [303]Markus Gylling: OK. Ivan and others, do you have any
    comments? [304]←
16:40:21 <dauwhe_> Ivan: what's important is to get more use cases from
publishers.

     [303] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [305]Ivan Herman: what's important is to get more use cases
    from publishers. [306]←
16:40:24 <dauwhe_> ... I can't do that.

     [305] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    ... I can't do that. [307]←
16:40:44 <dauwhe_> ... most earlier discussion is more on the technology
  side, rather thna the publisher side

    ... most earlier discussion is more on the technology side,
    rather thna the publisher side [308]←
16:41:05 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: when I said use cases, it needs to be f
rom publishers

    [309]Bill Kasdorf: when I said use cases, it needs to be from
    publishers [310]←
16:41:20 <dauwhe_> ... this particular group needs to take into account
annotations and accessibility

     [309] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... this particular group needs to take into account
    annotations and accessibility [311]←
16:41:28 <dauwhe_> ... metadata is involved in both those areas

    ... metadata is involved in both those areas [312]←
16:41:49 <dauwhe_> ... if we come up with accessibility use cases, or an
notations use cases, they should stay in those groups

    ... if we come up with accessibility use cases, or annotations
    use cases, they should stay in those groups [313]←
16:41:53 <dauwhe_> ... there will be overlap

    ... there will be overlap [314]←
16:42:13 <dauwhe_> Ivan: use cases may apply to several task forces

    [315]Ivan Herman: use cases may apply to several task forces
    [316]←
16:42:33 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: don't want to dupllicate effort

     [315] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [317]Bill Kasdorf: don't want to duplicate effort [318]←
16:42:40 <dauwhe_> s/dupllicate/duplicate/
16:43:00 <dauwhe_> mgyling: do you want to devote a call to your task fo
rce?

     [317] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [319]Markus Gylling: do you want to devote a call to your task
    force? [320]←
16:43:12 <dauwhe_> s/mgyling/mgylling/
16:43:30 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: when's optimal time for that? Won't be
ready by 10th. Maybe on the 17th?

     [319] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [321]Bill Kasdorf: when's optimal time for that? Won't be ready
    by 10th. Maybe on the 17th? [322]←
16:43:43 <dauwhe_> ... it's not a reporting as much an interactive sessi
on

     [321] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    ... it's not a reporting as much an interactive session [323]←
16:43:59 <dauwhe_> mgylling: OK to record March 17 as call devoted to me
tadata task force?

    [324]Markus Gylling: OK to record March 17 as call devoted to
    metadata task force? [325]←
16:44:05 <dauwhe_> Bill_Kasdorf: OK.

     [324] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    [326]Bill Kasdorf: OK. [327]←
16:44:09 <dauwhe_> mgylling: done.

     [326] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

    [328]Markus Gylling: done. [329]←
16:44:14 <dauwhe_> ... any nore questions on metadata?

     [328] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    ... any nore questions on metadata? [330]←
16:44:22 <dauwhe_> ... moving on. Tzviya:

    ... moving on. Tzviya: [331]←
16:44:25 <tzviya> Zkim, unmute me

    [332]Tzviya Siegman: Zkim, unmute me [333]←
16:44:31 <dauwhe_> tzviya:

     [332] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [334]Tzviya Siegman: [335]←
16:44:32 <tzviya> zakim, unmite me

     [334] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    [336]Tzviya Siegman: zakim, unmite me [337]←
16:44:32 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmite me', tzviya

     [336] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'unmite me', tzviya [338]←
16:44:41 <tzviya> zakim, umute me

    [339]Tzviya Siegman: zakim, umute me [340]←
16:44:41 <Zakim> I don't understand 'umute me', tzviya

     [339] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'umute me', tzviya [341]←
16:44:50 <tzviya> zakim, unmute me

    [342]Tzviya Siegman: zakim, unmute me [343]←
16:44:50 <Zakim> tzviya should no longer be muted

     [342] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman

    Zakim IRC Bot: tzviya should no longer be muted [344]←
16:44:53 <azaroth> :)

    [345]Robert Sanderson: :) [346]←
16:44:56 <dauwhe_> ... [having trouble spelling]

     [345] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

    ... [having trouble spelling] [347]←
16:45:19 <dauwhe_> ... Behavioural UI has suffered from group neglect

    ... Behavioural UI has suffered from group neglect [348]←
16:45:25 <dauwhe_> ... haven't gotten very far

    ... haven't gotten very far [349]←
16:45:38 <dauwhe_> ... how much broad interest is there in this area?

    ... how much broad interest is there in this area? [350]←
16:46:09 <dauwhe_> ... i'd like to gauge how much interest there is

    ... i'd like to gauge how much interest there is [351]←
16:46:42 <dauwhe_> ... not a lot of activity around the use cases

    ... not a lot of activity around the use cases [352]←
16:46:44 <ivan> q+

    [353]Ivan Herman: q+ [354]←
16:46:50 <mgylling> ack ivan

     [353] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    [355]Markus Gylling: ack ivan [356]←
16:47:02 <Zakim> -duga

     [355] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [357]←
16:47:05 <dauwhe_> Ivan: my understanding based on SLC conversations
[358]

     [358] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

    Ivan Herman: my understanding based on SLC conversations [359]←

     [359] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0248

    ... play on the role attribute and how it's used in HTML [360]←

     [360] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0249

    ... joint work between IG and ARIA [361]←

     [361] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0251

    ... Rich is not here today [362]←

     [362] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0252

    ... we should get joint meeting with ARIA, what should be done,
    what can be done, how can this group help [363]←

     [363] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0253

    ... invite on that call co-chair of HTML working group [364]←

     [364] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0254

    [365]Tzviya Siegman: that touches on an area we haven't
    discussed [366]←

     [365] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [366] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0255

    ... aria roles and epub:type are often for structural elements,
    chapter and preface [367]←

     [367] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0256

    ... being expanded for things that have behaviour like indexes
    [368]←

     [368] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0257

    ... our use cases mostly involve behavioural intent [369]←

     [369] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0258

    ... like when user wants to adjust font family [370]←

     [370] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0259

    ... but monospace code should not change fonts [371]←

     [371] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0260

    ... would ARIA help with this? [372]←

     [372] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0261

    ... there may be two parts: ARIA stuff and behavioural UI
    [373]←

     [373] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0262

    [374]Ivan Herman: don't have an answer [375]←

     [374] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [375] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0263

    ... need to talk with ARIA people. [376]←

     [376] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0264

    ... ARIA was originally done for accessibility [377]←

     [377] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0265

    ... the usage of role may evolve beyond the original scope
    [378]←

     [378] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0266

    ... but we need to ask them [379]←

     [379] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0267

    [380]Tzviya Siegman: OK [381]←

     [380] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [381] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0268

    [382]Markus Gylling: the role attribute discussion is not the
    only thing going on there, but something we need to engage in
    [383]←

     [382] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [383] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0269

    ... your task force is the place to do this [384]←

     [384] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0270

    ... it might be about redesigning parts of epub to make more
    compliant with OWP [385]←

     [385] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0271

    ... perhaps meet with 1 or 2 of the editors, then HTML chairs
    [386]←

     [386] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0272

    [387]Tzviya Siegman: I agree [388]←

     [387] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [388] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0273

    [389]Ivan Herman: should I set up a Doodle? [390]←

     [389] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [390] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0275

    [391]Ivan Herman: I need list of people who should be on the
    call? [392]←

     [391] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [392] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0276

    [393]Markus Gylling: Ivan, Markus, Tzviya, Rich, Ted, Robin,
    Gerardo [394]←

     [393] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [394] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0277

    [395]Gerardo Capiel: we've been having parallel discussion
    about using ARIA roles in SVG [396]←

     [395] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel
     [396] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0278

    [397]Markus Gylling: for doodle list also: Mark Hakkinen [398]←

     [397] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [398] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0279

    ... we met at EDUPUB to talk about this; there's a wiki I can
    reference [399]←

     [399] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0280

    ... the same idea has application here [400]←

     [400] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0281

    ... I can attend the call, or can be represented by Rich [401]←

     [401] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0282

    [402]Ivan Herman: I will put you on the list [403]←

     [402] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman
     [403] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0283

    [404]Markus Gylling: five minutes to go and lots of task forces
    to cover [405]←

     [404] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [405] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0284

    ... accessibility: next steps etc [406]←

     [406] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0286

    [407]Gerardo Capiel: Rich and I and Mark H. and shepazou had
    about alternative modalities [408]←

     [407] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel
     [408] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0287

    ... right before christmas discussed with Daniel Weck about
    SMIL [409]←

     [409] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0288

    ... support for web platform ??? [410]←

     [410] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0289

    ... some prior efforts that didn't go anywhere [411]←

     [411] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0290

    ... that's a big area that hasn't been covered [412]←

     [412] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0291

    ... on annotations [413]←

     [413] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0292

    ... added some stuff, will go deeper as I think about iAnnotate
    event [414]←

     [414] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0293

    ... we should loop in with Mark H re CSS speech use cases
    [415]←

     [415] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0294

    ... there is a spec, but browser support is weak [416]←

     [416] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0295

    [417]Markus Gylling: meeting with Suzanne, and Sue Fowler
    [418]←

     [417] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [418] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0296

    ... three minutes to go [419]←

     [419] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0297

    [420]Jean Kaplansky: Math is a poor red-headed
    step-orphan-child [421]←

     [420] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky
     [421] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0298

    ... our use case count has not gone up [422]←

     [422] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0299

    ... we could find more [423]←

     [423] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0300

    ... we'd like more use cases from actual publisher [424]←

     [424] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0301

    ... I can solicit them, but I need to know which kinds of
    publishers [425]←

     [425] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0302

    ... journal or book? [426]←

     [426] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0303

    [427]Tzviya Siegman: +1 to liam [428]←

     [427] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [428] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0304

    ... probably get more from Journal publishers [429]←

     [429] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0305

    ... some stuff happening in Math and accessibility [430]←

     [430] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0306

    [431]Bill Kasdorf: Note that there is vastly more journal
    content online than book content, which is mainly EPUB etc.
    [432]←

     [431] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf
     [432] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0307

    ... math should be accessible! [433]←

     [433] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0308

    ... need some time to get updated use cases, and then meet with
    accessibility group [434]←

     [434] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0309

    [435]Markus Gylling: do you have a name of who you can work
    with re accesibility? [436]←

     [435] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [436] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0310

    [437]Jean Kaplansky: I would start with gcapiel [438]←

     [437] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky
     [438] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0311

    ... Design Science is also working on accessible math, which is
    good [439]←

     [439] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0312

    ... I have at least two sources to talk about accessible [440]←

     [440] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0314

    [441]Tzviya Siegman: do you want examples from chemistry?
    [442]←

     [441] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tzviya_Siegman
     [442] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0315

    ... CML is unsupported [443]←

     [443] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0316

    [444]Jean Kaplansky: we've been using math for that [445]←

     [444] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky
     [445] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0317

    [446]Markus Gylling: concrete action item for Tzviya [447]←

     [446] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [447] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0318

    [448]Markus Gylling: we should clarify scope here for
    deliverables [449]←

     [448] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling
     [449] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0319

    ... same holds true for Tzviya's group [450]←

     [450] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0320

    ... focus on accessibility with Math and Chemistry is good
    [451]←

     [451] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0321

    ... any final comments or questions? Great. Thank you all.
    [452]←

     [452] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0322

    ... next week we'll push buttons to publish annotations and
    latinreq [453]←

     [453] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0325

    [454]Robert Sanderson: Thanks all :) [455]←

     [454] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson
     [455] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0328

    [456]Tom De Nies: bye [457]←

     [456] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies
     [457] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0329

    [458]Thierry Michel: next meeting: next Monday [459]←
      __________________________________________________________

     [458] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel
     [459] 
http://www.w3.org/C:/Users/tmichel/Desktop/Meeting%20Record.htm#line0330
Received on Monday, 24 February 2014 17:31:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:35:48 UTC