RE: DPUB Interest Group | Accessibility review of Open Annotations - Action Item

Rob - I reviewed all of your use cases with accessibility in mind. Their
efficient expression, organization and content are impressive.

I'm sending a list of the additions I made to make it easy to review and
vet the additions:

Under Social Reading and Annotations > Other Use Cases, I added 2 new use
cases related to accessibility:

   - Making sure the annotations can be found:
   https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_A11y_1
   - Making sure the annotations can be categorized:
   https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_A11y_2

While these 2 follow the format of the rest of the Annotations use cases,
both of these point also to a longer use case in the accessibility section,
which includes rationale, more explanation and user interface requirements.
The current version of the longer use case in the accessibility section is
here (
https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Accessibility_When_Users_Select_and_Highlight_Text)
and will be further improved.

In Anno-Specific-2 (Highlighting a Span of Text) and Anno-Specific-3
(Commenting on a Span of Text), under dependencies, I added links to
"Making sure the annotations can be found":
https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_A11y_1 and to the longer use case from
the accessibility section.

In Anno-Advanced-3 (Maintaining Annotation Style), under dependencies, I
added links to "Making sure the annotations can be categorized":
https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Anno_A11y_2  and to the longer use case
from the accessibility section.

In Anno-Specific-4 (Annotating Embedded Resources), I added bullet three
under "Requirements":

   - Ability to select all or part of alternative versions of resources
   (i.e. some portion of the alternative text) and have these exposed without
   assistive technology to those who read the comments.

In Anno-Specific-5 (Annotating Parts of Embedded Resources), I added bullet
three under "Requirements":

   - High level semantic description of the part (i.e. 'user selected
   portion of this image') and ability for the annotator to name the part
   (i.e. 'the oak tree')

In Anno-Advanced-6 (Recording State of User Manipulated Resources), I added
bullet three under "Requirements":

   - Ability for the annotator to name the state (i.e. 'view from
   underground looking up at the tree roots')