W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > December 2014

[Minutes] 2014-12-15 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:40:03 +0100
Message-ID: <548F2B03.2070906@w3.org>
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>

Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference 
dated 2014-12-15 are now available at

     http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html

These public minutes are also linked from the dpub wiki
     http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings

Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Best,

Thierry Michel

----------------------------

      [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

             Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

15 Dec 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/mid/548AE069.6010007@gmail.com

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-irc

Attendees

    Present
            Alan Stearns (astearns), Ayla Stein (Ayla_Stein), Ben
           De Meester (bjdmeest), Bert Bos (Bert), Bill Kasdorf
           (Bill_Kasdorf), Charles LaPierre (clapierre), Dave
           Cramer (dauwhe), David Stroup (david_stroup), Ivan
           Herman (ivan), Karen Myers (Karen), Luc Audrain
           (laudrain), Peter Kreutzberger (pkra), Phil Madans
           (philm), Rob Sanderson (azaroth), Susann Keohane
           (Susann_Keohane), Thierry Michel (tmichel), Tzviya
           Siegman (tzviya), Mike Miller (MikeMiller),  Vladimir
           Levantovsky (Vlad),  Deborah Kaplan (dkaplan3), Peter
           Linss (plinss).

    Regrets
           Markus Gylling, Vladimir Levantovsky

    Chair
           Tzviya Siegman (tzviya)

    Scribe
           Luc Audrain (laudrain)

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 15 December 2014

    <ivan> Scribe: Luc

    Dave, is it your dog?

    <ivan> scribenick: laudrain

    <Karen> +1 Luc for scribing

    <tzviya> [6]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/08-dpub-minutes.html

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/08-dpub-minutes.html

    Last minutes : no comments

    Last minutes approved!

    Update form Peter on STEM cast

    <david_stroup> 585.217

    Main update : link on the agenda

    <tzviya>
    [7]https://github.com/w3c/dpub-stem/wiki/questionnaire#less-rou
    gh-questions

       [7] 
https://github.com/w3c/dpub-stem/wiki/questionnaire#less-rough-questions

    Ready to turn to a W3C

    But, discussion on question of semantics

    Quick walkthrough

    Preflight check : STEM specific or OWP specific

    gather background on person filling the questionnaire

    section on content, content types, additional wor k for the web

    back-end vs front-end, archieval needs

    HTML version on the web vs PDF

    Why they differ

    section on authoring, formats, tools for authoring, Web
    reading, Web techno and workflow, accessiblility

    How should we respond?

    Comments to Peter

    by email or the wiki

    MathMl part of it : Benetech on MathML cloud

    provide accessible content form that content

    Benetech implementing in the next year

    Peter: problem what kind math will be used,

    consensus on chemML?

    there might be solutions that work as a service

    tzviya: which formats are in use?

    But no suggestion, discovery process

    Ivan: how will this work? Its huge$

    Answering all individual question?

    Many questions, too big

    tzviya: evrything is combined : markup, browser, HTML, CSS

    big job distinguing where to direct the info

    Peter: people are generally interested in working on part of it

    Like CSS, people migth only answer the right section

    So no restriction so far

    Ivan: practical comment : W3C tool has the option to add a
    comment box to each question

    Bill_Kasdorf: reaction it is huge, but all that detail help
    people think to take things separately

    Ivan: how we should do that in practice?

    Big section workflow, sub section with 5 bullets : how to put
    that in a questionaire?

    How do you envisage the format of the questionnaire?

    Peter: questionnaire as a email interview

    Ivan: we will have to make sense from the answers

    imagine one question, plus bullets multiple quesitons, plus
    text box

    all text boxes will make a huge job to make sense

    Bill: we should ask suggestion on technology

    Tzviya: next steps

    what is the time line?plan in november

    not before january first

    Peter: transfer a particular section or question to the TF
    before Christmas

    On the TF: Liam, Ivan

    tzviya: should arrange a meeting with the TF

    <Bill_Kasdorf> I'm on the STEM TF too

    <Bill_Kasdorf> Also Tim Cole

    Ivan: ask for help to do the questionnaire using the WBS form
    from Iavn or Thierry

    <Karen> +1 next version of survey in WBS questionnaire format

    <tzviya> +1

    <ivan> [8]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/99999/DPUBSTEM/

       [8] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/99999/DPUBSTEM/

    be careful about to have in a way the public can come in

    it is doable, perhaps whith a new one

    <Karen> +1 pre-test 'guinea pigs'

    Tzviya: end of the month, draft of the survey, sent out early
    january to guinea pigs
    ... edit actions items

    <tzviya> [9]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/

       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/

    Next point: tracker housekeeping

    21 open actions, 17 overdue

    <ivan> open actions:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/actions/open

      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/actions/open

    go through action list

    <scribe> ACTION: 19 to we can close [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Error finding '19'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[12]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    <ivan> CLOSE action-19

    <trackbot> Closed action-19.

    <scribe> ACTION: 20 to we close [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action02]

    <tzviya> close action-20

    <trackbot> Error finding '20'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[14]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    <trackbot> Closed action-20.

    <scribe> ACTION: 21 to make it in 2 actions, survey end of
    february [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Error finding '21'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[16]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: 22 to add or close? [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Error finding '22'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[18]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    ok to close action 22

    <tzviya> close action-22

    <trackbot> Closed action-22.

    <scribe> ACTION: 23 to close [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Error finding '23'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[20]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    <tzviya> close action-23

    <trackbot> Closed action-23.

    <scribe> ACTION: 24 to be closed [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Error finding '24'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[22]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

      [22] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users

    <tzviya> close action-24

    <trackbot> Closed action-24.

    <tzviya> close action-25

    <trackbot> Closed action-25.

    <scribe> Closed action 25

    <tzviya> close action-26

    <trackbot> Closed action-26.

    Peter: action 27 should be done sometimes

    <tzviya> close action-28

    <trackbot> Closed action-28.

    Dave: spread beheviors finished

    <tzviya> close action-29

    <trackbot> Closed action-29.

    From TPAC, initiate business use cases: Karen working on that

    <tzviya> close action-32

    <trackbot> Closed action-32.

    <tzviya> close action-35

    <trackbot> Closed action-35.

    Best practice for rdfa: in progress

    <tzviya> close action-41

    <trackbot> Closed action-41.

    Ivan: somebody from the publishing community should be driving,
    Liza did volunteer

    More people form IDPF for action 43

    Please keep issues up to date

    Thierry: in DPUB IG charter there is a deliverable, an IG Note
    of a document listing W3C specifications that are important for
    the Digital Publishing industry but are still in an unstable
    state at the W3C, as well as their current state in the
    process.

    <ivan> list is:
    [23]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/W3C_specs_for_DPUB

      [23] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/W3C_specs_for_DPUB

    Thierry:I started this effort about a year ago. It is currently
    in the wiki. We have discussed it before during a telecon, and
    IG participants have since enriched the document with W3C
    specs.

    Thierry:do we think the list is complete and should we publish
    it as a NOTE, as mentioned in the Charter?
    A second option would be to keep it alive in the wiki and IG
    participants could update it as needed.

    Ivan: I have a third option. A NOTE will freeze it, so it is
    not a good option. If we keep it as is  on the wiki, the
    document will be editable only by members of the group

    Ivan: Prefer to put it in a more public area, public wiki,
    anyboby who has a public account can go and edit it

    or put it on a github repo: prefer people would have the
    posibility to edit it

    tzviya:agree that an IG NOTE would freeze the document.

    Thierry: Currently there are 2 sections in the document :
    stable techno W3C RECs (mainly used in EPUB3), and techno in
    dev

    <pkra> +q

    Peter: MathML and MathML2 on the list, how do we manage the 2
    versions ?

    Thierry: if the question is which version is currently used in
    EPUB, a column on the right of the table specifies it.

    Bill:  used in publishing  comment

    <pkra> I wasn't thinking about epub actually.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: 19 to we can close [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: 20 to we close [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: 21 to make it in 2 actions, survey end of
    february [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: 22 to add or close? [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: 23 to close [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action05]

    [DONE] ACTION: 24 to be [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html#action06]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version
     1.140 ([31]CVS log)
     $Date: 2014-12-15 18:35:17 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
Check for newer version at [32]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Tziva/tzviya/
Succeeded: s/BillK/Bill_Kasdorf/
Succeeded: s/sens/sense/
Succeeded: s/lien/line/
Succeeded: s/isues/issues/
Succeeded: s/frozen/freeze/
Found Scribe: Luc
Found ScribeNick: laudrain

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Ben_De_Meester

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Markus Vlad
Agenda: [33]http://www.w3.org/mid/548AE069.6010007@gmail.com
Found Date: 15 Dec 2014
Guessing minutes URL: [34]http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html
People with action items: 19 20 21 22 23

      [33] http://www.w3.org/mid/548AE069.6010007@gmail.com
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2014/12/15-dpub-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report



    [End of [35]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 15 December 2014 18:40:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:35:53 UTC