Re: Tooling for our documents (was Re: pagination: initial draft available)

On Oct 4, 2013, at 17:06 , "Cramer, Dave" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/13 10:56 AM, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> Because it takes time for the admin to be set up, we should probably
>> decide between mercurial or github; these have to be set up for us by our
>> admin people...
>
> Since I'm agnostic about these things, I'm fine with your suggestion of
> github.

So am I... the advice I got is that there are much more tools and descriptions around for github and (quoting) "there is less chance to shoot into your own foot" than with Mercurial.

On my mac I actually use a program called SourceTree that offers a pretty unified user interface for github and mercurial, and I would advice everybody to use this rather than the command line tool. I am sure there are similar tools for windows, too.

Ivan