Re: New proposal for the DID WG charter

Dear all,

following some back-and-forth on the PR 448, the new proposal is now
significantly different from the one I sent a month ago.
The significant change is in the 2nd paragraph of 'Section 4: Success
Criteria'.

https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/charter-drafts/did-wg-2023-team-proposal/2023/did-wg.html#success-criteria

This departs in the letter from the proposal we discussed during TPAC,
but I believe that it respects its spirit:
* it gets rid of the "dummy method used only to demonstrate
interopetability" (which, IIRC, nobody considered a must)
* it replaces "provide evidence of existing DID methods" by requiring
instead that
   + any implementations of DID resolution by support several open DID
methods, and
   + any two implementations of DID resolution support at least one DID
method /in common/ -- and therefore, be effectively interoperable with
each other

This seems to be more acceptable to those in the group who do not want
to "pick winners", while at the same time (I hope) addressing the
concerns expressed about demonstrating interoperability.

Please everyone, react on the PR if you have an issue with this new
proposal. *Please also react if you are happy with it*, by providing an
explicit positive review.

https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/pull/448/files

thanks in advance