Re: New proposal for the DID WG charter

I wanted to share our response here.

We are still somewhat concerned, as we detailed in our support for this
charter prior to these changes, that the group needs to focus on increasing
interoperability. We did express that a sufficiently rigorous DID
Resolution specification could achieve this goal, but the draft at
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-resolution/ does not appear to be going in
that direction and in fact adds a new dependency on unstandardized Method
functionality (defining how to dereference a path and query).  While we
don't formally object to these changes to the charter, we're concerned
about them, and we might object to advancing this sort of DID Resolution
spec to Recommendation if we believe it does not resolve our previous
concerns with the interoperability goals.  We are happy to respond and give
feedback on the goal of interoperability on the group's work along the way
if that would be helpful.