Re: [did-spec-registries] seeking to find out how request new verification method type

On 1/11/22 4:51 PM, Saxa, Jaroslav wrote:
> I would like to ask how exactly we can ask to add new verification method
> type. We are working on proposal for eIDAS+SSI. Can you please help to
> navigate where exactly pool request shall be submitted and what requested
> to be part of it?

If you think there needs to be a discussion, open an issue so we can discuss here:

https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues

I expect the discussion might be moved to the VCWG in time (they'll be
handling VM types after they are re-chartered to do that work).

If you feel like you know what you're doing, you can do a PR against the DID
Specification Registries:

https://github.com/w3c/did-spec-registries/

See this section for examples:

https://w3c.github.io/did-spec-registries/#verification-method-types