Re: DID methods registry database?

Hi Dan,

I was thinking of doing the same thing! (Except was still at the phase of
pondering which tool stack to use.) MediaWiki is a great idea!
As Manu mentions, there IS already the DID Methods Registry. However, it is
a static markdown table, and it would be very interesting and useful to
actually use a database as a backend. (And to expand the fields used for
tracking and classifying the methods.)

Here are the fields I would like to see, to start with:

(Fields from the DID Registry)
* Method name
* Link to method spec
* Authors
* (Spec) Status (provisional/deprecated etc)
* Persistence mechanism (DLT or Network column)

Other fields:
* Broad persistence category. (Ledger [public permissionless, public
permissioned, private, etc] vs DHT vs Local/Peer vs Other).
* Number of implementations
* DID Core features supported (proof purposes, service endpoints, etc)
* Other / custom features supported
* Key algorithms supported (ed25519, rsa, etc)
* Cost of DID Document creation/registering
* Cost of DID Document update (key rotation etc)

In addition, I think it would be interesting to go through the
(forthcoming) DID Method Rubrics
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rYdWiwawWmLOWtHRvT0GzYcdewW_OS9M2mAkENLFdtY/edit>
document, to see which fields from there it would make sense to add to the
db.