Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: The DID service endpoint privacy challenge

If I understand this correctly:

   - The mediator business is like the VPN business:
      - chosen by Alice
      - paid by Alice
      - makes no decisions on behalf of Alice (doesn't know any of Alice's
      policies)
      - frequently erases any logs
   - If Alice chooses to change her mediator, links will fail for some
   Requesting Parties (Bob) and they will need to discover Alice's new
   mediator one way or another
   - Bob's message to Alice is just Bob's DID and might have no associated
   service endpoint
   - The mediator sends a Bob's DID to a Service Endpoint in Alice's DID
   document of type "RqP-DID"
   - Alice's RqP-DID endpoint decides, based on policy, whether to send a
   message to Bob, if Bob's DID
      - If Bob's DID has no service endpoint then Alice may need to use a
      discovery service to find another DID for Bob
      - If Bob's DID has a service endpoint, the mediator will see that and
      both Alice and Bob have to hope Alice has chosen an honest mediator
   - DID Core best practice suggests that DIDs have only one service
   endpoint and it points to either a mediator or a policy decision point
      - Alice can choose to offer multiple service endpoints in a DID but
      best practice would say that Alice does that only in a peer DID context
      directly with Bob because Alice trusts Bob not to misuse the unmediated
      endpoints.

- Adrian