Re: JSON-only impls of DID core?

On 6/30/20 3:40 PM, Orie Steele wrote:
> ^ could be adapted to support "JSON-Only"... but worth mentioning that
> `authorization` in the did peer spec, is built
> on https://github.com/evernym/sgl and that `authorization` is not
> registered in did core or the did spec registries.

... and before someone rushes off to register the word 'authorization',
note that there are deep concerns related to how it's being used in
did:peer and how Authorization Capabilities (ZCAPs) are using the term,
and how other communities (like TxAuth/GNAP) might use the word.

It's fraught and this is where our current "first come first serve" DID
Spec Registries process is going to fail us. There is nothing preventing
a naming land grab in the registries right now. IETF protects against
this via "Expert Review", where the Expert has fairly wide ranging
ability to stop the inclusion of an item that harms interoperability.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches