Re: Geolocation API is a Candidate Recommendation

> On 17 Feb 2022, at 7:56 pm, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Congrats to the group and huge thanks to Marcos, Reilly, other contributors for shepherding this specification to this stage.

Thanks Anssi! And huge thanks to everyone who has been helping out.

 I'm excited about pushing forward towards Proposed Recommendation. I'm hoping the next phase will be quite quick (...famous last words!).

> There’s a reason for this WG to feel a little proud of this milestone. This spec was sitting unmaintained for long and only after this group adopted the spec and with the help of its participants’ substantial contributors, the spec was brought up the standards expected of a modern CR. This is a demonstration of the group's commitment to maintenance of its older deliverables. Maintenance work like this may not make huge headlines, but makes a huge impact.

Agree. And it's been really fun to dig into some of the old browser code across various engines.

If anyone is interested in collaborating in the PR phase, give me a shout or subscribe to:
https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/121

(We'll be validating a bunch of tests and poking more at browser internals)