Re: Enable automated publication system for all DAS WG specs

> On 18. May 2021, at 13.03, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> We plan to enable automated publication system ("Echidna") [1] for all the DAS WG specs that have reached First Public Working Draft or later maturity level, see [2].
>
> This group decision [3] is to also cover possible future specs adopted by the group under its current or possible future Charter and augments the related F2F resolution [4].
>
> This change is to facilitate more timely w3.org/TR updates and to make editors' day-to-day work more frictionless.
>
> Please let us know by 24 May 2021 if you have any comments or questions.
>
> We'll share more information with the group once this update has been implemented.

We've now enabled automated publication system for the following specs:

Ambient Light Sensor
https://www.w3.org/TR/ambient-light/

Proximity
https://www.w3.org/TR/proximity/

Screen Wake Lock API
https://www.w3.org/TR/screen-wake-lock/

Geolocation Sensor
https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-sensor/

Geolocation API
https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation/

Device Posture API
https://www.w3.org/TR/device-posture/

We're progressively adding more specs with a plan to get 100% coverage.

In practice this means the w3.org/TR/{shortname} URL always hosts the latest, and is content-wise equivalent to the Editor's Draft at w3c.github.com/{shortname} sans template.

You can enable auto-publish per these instructions:

https://github.com/w3c/spec-prod/blob/main/docs/examples.md#deploy-to-w3c-using-echidna

You can also reach out to Fuqiao who's happy to assist you. Thanks Fuqiao for helping with this automation and ironing out the kinks.

Thanks,

-Anssi (DAS WG co-Chair)