Re: Network Information API

+Tarun Bansal <tbansal@google.com> +Noam Helfman <noamh@microsoft.com>  -
FYI

Hey Thomas!

This was somewhat discussed in the WebPerformance WG yesterday (rough
minutes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1inejuvPONXPOLKTCcUzOBhPh6QOckMcltnR-E3xyZVQ/edit?ts=5f809f01#heading=h.8gfnc7p4nih>,
video <https://youtu.be/aID3BvpU_pE>).
Regarding spec work, at least on my end, there's desire (but not
necessarily immediate capacity) to revamp the API to ensure it provides
more value to developers while emitting less entropy.
The use cases, at least as far as I'm concerned, are not around `type`, but
around providing accurate measurement of the network conditions (so around
`effectiveConnectionType` and `RTT`). (e.g. this blog post
<https://blog.algolia.com/netinfo-api-algolia-javascript-client/>)

Maybe Addy has more case studies.

If folks at Device & Sensors are interested in collaborating on NetInfo at
the WICG or elsewhere, that'd be awesome! :)

Cheers,
Yoav