Draft DAS WG Charter 2020-2022 - review by 8 April 2020

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 09:22:14 +0000
To: W3C Devices and Sensors WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi DAS WG participants,

The Devices and Sensors Working Group Charter that guides our work is due for its biyearly renewal for 2020-2022 period, and we've prepared a draft for your review [1] (diff [2]).

Please provide your feedback via GH issues [3] by 8 April 2020. As a DAS WG participant, you are privileged to review this charter before it advances to W3C Management and AC reviews.

Here's a summary of changes to the current charter:

- Updated Scope to clearly describe commitment to security and privacy focused and use case-driven specification development.
- Split Wake Lock API into Screen Wake Lock API and System Wake Lock API, and added Fold Angle Sensor deliverable.
- Noted deliverables at W3C Recommendation may be upstreamed to WHATWG HTML Living Standard for maintenance.

For the chairs,

-Anssi (DAS WG co-chair)

P.S. NOT an April Fools' Day joke! :-)

[1] https://w3c.github.io/dap-charter/DASCharter-2020.html