DeviceOrientation Event Specification now in scope

From: Reilly Grant <reillyg@google.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:10:26 -0400
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Devices and Sensors Working Group participants,

The DeviceOrientation Event Specification is now is now in scope for
this working group, and will be published as a new Working Draft in
the near future.

The chairs believe that the Orientation Sensor, Gyroscope, and
Accelerometer specifications are the preferred direction for the
development of device sensor APIs on the web platform. However, as
reflecting the consensus between implementations is a critical role of
specifications, we believe that work on the DeviceOrientation Event
Specification should nonetheless continue until that reflection is
accurate. We will scope work accordingly.

We call upon the group to provide feedback and raise any concerns they may have.

--
Reilly Grant
W3C DAS WG Co-chair