From: lkasz.olejnik@gmail.com <lkasz.olejnik@gmail.com> on behalf of Lukasz Olejnik (W3C) <lukasz.w3c@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 2:35:53 PM
To: Kostiainen, Anssi
Cc: Frederick Hirsch; Dominique Hazael-Massieux; tobie@sensors.codespeaks.com; W3C Device APIs WG
Subject: Re: F2F at TPAC 2017 this year?

Hello,

About the work load.

Anssi, I'm volunteering to be in the Program Committee (or something along these lines). I would love contributing my research & industry (and regulatory, even...) background.

25 is fine, but if we'd aim making it open (to the public, or so), it might be too little in the end.

But the place sounds good (although Berlin is more convenient!).

Alternatively... Why not at W3C or INRIA (Sophia-Antipolis)?

Best
Lukasz

> On 11 May 2017, at 20:37, Lukasz Olejnik (W3C) <lukasz.w3c@gmail.com<mailto:lukasz.w3c@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Anssi,
>
> I agree that a dedicated workshop would be a great idea. I would also like to express an intention to attend and perhaps even contribute on the S&P side.
>
> I'm just wondering - do you think there would be options for funding the travel/etc?
> Any idea where the workshop is to be held?

The workshop idea is in investigation phase currently, and there's no decision on it. The same applies for the DAS WG F2F outside TPAC.

I chaired the W3C's WebVR workshop half a year ago, and can say there's a non-trivial amount of work to be done to pull such a workshop off. But it pays off handsomely if you do it properly. We need a group of enthusiastic and committed volunteers to help make it a reality.

Related, I took an action [1] to investigate whether Intel could host such a combined DAS WG F2F meeting and "privacy & security" workshop in Europe, and found out we might be able to host a 3 day event at our London office in Canary Wharf. The caveat is, due to space limitations the maximum number of participants would be around 25.

Would someone else lurking on this list who'd have a bigger space be interested in hosting in Europe?

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2017May/att-0004/minutes-2017-05-04.html#item11