Starting wide review of Generic Sensor & Ambient Light

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 16:47:04 +0200
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@sensors.codespeaks.com>, W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Hi Tobie,

As discussed on the call today [1], it looks like we are ready to start
the wide review process [2] of both the Generic Sensors & Ambient Light
specs.

I think we should go through the following steps toward that:
* get a call for consensus to start that wide review, asking the group
to do a "last" check on the specs before asking other groups to do so

* get a new WD out

* ask relevant groups to review the said draft; this comes with 2 open
questions:
 - what deadline to set for the review (4 weeks?)
 - which groups to ask; we should at least ask the relevant groups
listed in our "dependencies" section of our charter [3] — my own
selection in there would be
   + APA WG
   + Geo WG
   + Privacy IG
   + WebAppSec WG
   + Web Platform WG
Beyond these, I think we should also ask review from
   + Auto WG (since they've looked at the sensors space a lot)
   + WoT IG (likewise)
   + CSS WG (for Ambient Light, since it is being exposed as a Media
Query as well IIRC)
We've already asked review from the TAG.
Is there any point in getting a review from TC39?
Are there other groups or orgs we should be contacting?

Thanks,

Dom

1. https://www.w3.org/2016/05/12-dap-minutes.html#item01
2. https://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#wide-review