Re: [generic-sensor] - Sensors API - core

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016, at 00:32, Rick Waldron wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Felipe Nascimento de Moura
> <felipenmoura@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.

>> well, that's a good point, indeed!

>> But

>> window.addEventListener('deviceorientation', ... )  // depends on
>> window.
>>

>> navigator.battery.level // depends on navigator

>> window.addEventListener('deviceproximity', ... ) // depends on window
>> navigator.getUserMedia( ... ) // depends on navigator

>> window.addEventListener('devicelight', ... ) // depends on window

>> navigator.geolocation.getCurrentPosition( ... ) // depends on
>> navigator
>>

>> We got the same problem.

>> Maybe the global `Sensors` is indeed the best option.

> I tried, but IIRC, was blocked by some deficiency in webidl.

Well, not only is it missing from WebIDL, but most importantly, it would
require getting all of the browser vendors to agree to support it, which
is a lot of work, will take a lot of time and might not be successful
(for example, modules might land before we'd be done with this).

--tobie