Call for Consensus (CfC) to Approve revised DAP Charter and group name change - deadline 29 October 2015

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) for the Device APIs working group to approve a new charter and to also approve changing the name of the group. Assuming the WG approves these changes there will then be an Advisory Committee Review [1].

The Draft charter to be approved is at https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter ; the message below (and at [2])  details significant changes to be considered.

The redline showing changes is useful: http://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2011%2F07%2FDeviceAPICharter&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fdap-charter%2FDeviceAPICharter.html

The name change of the group was agreed on today's teleconference, with the proposed new name "Device and Sensors Working Group (DAS)" [3]. The rationale for the change is that this name better reflects the current work of the group.

Please reply to this message by 29 October (2 weeks) either indicating support for the charter and group name change, or noting any concerns. Even support with a "+1" indicating support for both will be helpful. Silence will be assumed to be agreement.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Device APIs WG (DAP)