[html-media-capture] HTML Media Capture Status and Update Request

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:09:53 -0400
Cc: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
The HTML Media Capture specification is in CR [1], the next step is to move to proposed Recommendation.

Based on our conversation on the teleconference 19 February 2015 [2] and the implementation report [3] the summary of the status appears to be the following:

1. The test cases have been updated but need to be run on implementations.

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2015Feb/0031.html

2. Test Cases require review

Dom and Anssi have offered to review them. (ACTION-731, and ACTION-732)

3. Test failure related to WebIDL

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Nov/0006.html

Dom may have more to say on the status of WebIDL

4. Do we have two implementations at this point?

The implementation report lists Blink/Chromium and WebKit. Where are the test results for WebKit?

Are there any updates for these items or other issues related to HTML Media Capture?

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Device APIs WG (DAP)