Re: CfC to Shelve DAP Permissions API

Sounds like a good plan to me. One question, inline.
—Nick

> On Jun 18, 2015, at 9:33 AM, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to shelve the original DAP Permissions API, a Working Draft that was published in 2010 [1].
>
> There is a new FPWD publication of the "Permissions API" [2]  published by the  Web Application Security Working Group [3]  that supersedes the earlier DAP effort.
>
> To avoid any potential confusion this is a call for consensus to 'shelve' the DAP document.   Concretely this means the following:
>
> 1. Publish a W3C Note for the DAP 'Permissions API'  with the following changes from the latest WD publication:
>
> + Note in the Status section "Work on this document has been discontinued and it should not be referenced or used as a basis for implementation."
>
> + Provide a link to the WebAppSec Permissions API latest published draft in the status section
>
> + Remove all content apart from the Abstract and Status sections.

Do we typically publish these notes with all the contents removed? It sounds like shelving work and pointing readers to ongoing WebAppSec is certainly appropriate, but I thought we usually included whatever work had been done thus far in a Note when publishing it to close work.