Re: [sensors] added TPAC brainstorming topic for 'Web API for Health Care Sensors' - pls review, add your name/ideas

From: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:41:38 -0400
To: public-device-apis@w3.org, Mats Wichmann <m.wichmann@samsung.com>
Cc: marcos.pereira@signove.com

On September 24, 2014 at 8:07:19 PM, Mats Wichmann (m.wichmann@samsung.com) wrote:
> On 09/19/14 07:04, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> > I have added the 'Web API for Health Care Sensors’ topic to the brainstorm topic list
> for TPAC Wednesday session:
> >
> > https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/SessionIdeas#Web_API_for_Health_Care_Sensors
> >
> > Feel free to provide improvements or add your name to the list of attendees (by adding
> to the wiki a new attendees line)
>
> Is there a really good argument for attending this in person (like, a
> LOT of the DAG will be there)? I, and other folk from my org, are
> certainly keenly interested in the topic, but none are in the Bay Area.
> I've got a miserable travel schedule around then, in Germany week 42 for
> a conference and in China week 43 for another, so yet another trip week
> 44 is, ummm, not firing me up exactly :)

Question I have still is if this stuff is built around some particular protocol (usb, bluetooth). If health care sensor are just USB or BlueTooth devices, then enabling the lower-level stack might allow addressing all the use cases in a manner that is not [health care] domain specific.

Can anyone provide more info?