Re: DAP-ACTION-721: Check on call-in access to tpac plenary day breakout sessions, e.g. web api for health care sensors, next steps for web of things

On 08 Oct 2014, at 14:56, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> Le mardi 07 octobre 2014 à 16:06 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a
> écrit :
>> I'm still trying to figure this out FWIW — it doesn't seem that remote
>> participation had been foreseen, but maybe our request will make it
>> possible; I assume that if it is made possible for one session, it will
>> be for more than one.
>>
>> (if there is no phone set up, we might have to look at using Skype or a
>> WebRTC alternative, but that too would require some pre-arrangements
>> with interested participants).
>
> So unfortunately, I've just had confirmation no remote participation
> facility will be provided for Wednesday breakouts.
>
> We can try and agree on a non-phone set up (Skype? something else?), but
> it's likely that if the breakout is well attended, the remote
> participation conditions will be not great :/
>
> For the "generic sensor" breakout, given that most of the critical
> participants to this would be remote, maybe it would be useful to
> organize a call independently and prior to TPAC — the TPAC breakout
> would then include a summary of such a prior meeting.
>
> Anssi, maybe this is something you could look into with your fellow
> generic-sensor guys? I'm happy to reserve a Zakim teleconference slot if
> that's useful.

Frederick - could we extend one of the pre-TPAC Thursday DAP telcos to take this? Say run this session after the usual DAP agenda? Could you help schedule that?

The DAP telco slot would be 10am US Eastern and afternoon-early evening for the EU which I believe should be fine for the current remote participants (assuming no schedule conflicts otherwise).