[testing] volunteers needed to be spec test facilitators

From: Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CTO/Boston) <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:46:37 +0000
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CTO/Boston)" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
We need to keep track of the status of testing for each specification that we are progressing, including the creation of test plans, review of the completeness of coverage of the tests, approval of submitted tests, tracking status of interop and encouraging participation. This and helping drive testing is the task of being a test Facilitator.

We have a number of specifications in the work group that currently require this : Battery, HTML Media Capture, Light, Proximity, and Vibration.

What we need is volunteers to act as Facilitators for these specifications. Some of you have already been doing this informally.

If you are interested and able to be the facilitator for one or more specs, can you please send a note to the public list volunteering (or to Dom and myself privately if you have questions)?

I note that WebApps has this practice listed in their work mode wiki: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WorkMode#Testing

Further ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair DAP