RE: [admin] Cordova DAP prioritization proposal

On March 27, 2014 at 2:23:50 PM, Mandyam, Giridhar (mandyam@quicinc.com) wrote:
> But it was implemented in Webkit - https://www.webkit.org/blog/1861/last-week-in-webkit-battery-status-api-and-form-updates/,
> which I assume allowed the Tizen implementation (see https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/).
>
> Why does this not count? Has it been confirmed that this implementation is not interoperable?

I'm personally worried about progressing specs prematurely based on unreleased products. We had this happen with Widgets: lots of user agents that passed the test suite but nothing that had any market impact as none of those runtimes became real products. **I'm not saying that Tizen won't have a market impact** - just that we should not take things to Recommendation until products are in the hands of a significant set of developers and users. Making things "Rec" just because we can doesn't mean we should.

--
Marcos Caceres