RE: [battery] next steps and questions

> From: ext Kostiainen, Anssi [mailto:anssi.kostiainen@intel.com]
>
> On 11 Jun 2014, at 18:07, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I must admit I'm confused - why is it correct to have the default attribute
> values emulate a fully charged battery? Shouldn't the default values be
> 'unknown' until the state of the battery is determined and the values can be
> properly initialized?  I believe this requires more than a note, instead a new
> 2nd paragraph explanation in section 6 of this model.
>
> Added a more elaborate clarification and dropped the note (it is incorporated
> in the new section):
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/4c334400e0aa

I take it to mean that *at any time*, if the implementation is unable to report any attribute value, then the default (which emulates a full battery) is to be applied to that attribute. If that's the case, do we still need the "When a BatteryManager object is created" clause in the paragraph that immediately follows the WebIDL? (I would also move the paragraph to before the WebIDL, i.e. right after the added clarification, since they're describing the same thing.)

Also, how about the change that Mounir [1] made in response to my initial comment on the discrepancy in the value of chargingTime when it is unknown? Should it be rolled back? Currently, it says that the value is to be set "to the value positive Infinity if ... the implementation is unable to report the remaining charging time while the battery is charging but not full", which is inconsistent with the clarification text that was added.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0034.html

- Cathy.