Re: [battery] Battery Editors Draft update needed to prepare for LC

Hi Tim,

On 09 Jun 2014, at 20:17, Tim Volodine <timvolodine@google.com> wrote:

> a few more comments:

Tim - much thanks for your comments!

> section 1, example 2:
> An extra call to updateTimer(battery) once the promise resolves would probably be better. Otherwise the updateTimer is only called when the battery actually changes (and not at resolve time). This also applies to Examples 3 and 4.

Dropped the examples 1 and 2 as the group felt they were too verbose for a spec (and the recent changes made them even more verbose):

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/7fa683adecb3/battery/Overview.src.html

Updated the remaining examples:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/battery/Overview.html#examples

Changes:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/8ff77fa517cc/battery/Overview.src.html
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/e6ca4e6b30f8/battery/Overview.src.html

Feel free to make the examples better, fix bugs, if any.

> section 5, the steps after getBattery() is invoked should mention the case when the getBattery() method is invoked for a second time while the first promise has not resolved yet.

What is the behaviour in this case that makes sense to you?

> section 6, in the sentence: "When a BatteryManager object is created..." should say that "if the implementation is unable to report *any* battery information" the default values should be as stated.

For this one I rather argue the attributes should be handled independently, and feedback from e.g. Cordova seems to support that. Here’s the clarified text:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/7476e089d3d9/battery/Overview.src.html

Please let us know if you have concerns with this.

> section 6.1, multiple batteries:
> replace: must -> should
> level -- should use a weighted average in case batteries have different capacities.
> chargingTime -- depending on how the batteries are charged, sequentially or in parallel this could be either a "sum" or "max".
> dischargingTime -- "max" if the batteries a discharging in parallel or a "sum" if in sequence (which is probably the more likely scenario).

Clarified the text as follows:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/8a9320b0e7d1/battery/Overview.src.html