RE: [battery] Should getBattery() always return the same promise?

Makes sense to me. +1
From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 06:03
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Cc: Domenic Denicola
Subject: [battery] Should getBattery() always return the same promise?

Hi,

When I wrote the getBattery() prose, I made it so that getBattery()
would return a new promise every time it is called but it would always
return the same BatteryManager when the promise is resolved.

I realised that this requirement probably doesn't make much sense and we
might want to spec getBattery() as returning always the same promise. In
other words, navigator.getBattery() === navigator.getBattery(). The
intent isn't really to get the equality but that way, we simplify the
implementation because implementing this only require to keep track of
that one promise.

WDYT?

-- Mounir