Re: [discovery] Adding CORS to NSD API - proposal and issues

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Jean-Claude Dufourd <
jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:

>  JCD: If NSD requires modifications to SSDP, it will work with 0 devices
> at the beginning.

But if implementers refuse to implement NSD spec as is, we will never be
able to discover ANY type of device.
So regardless of people preferences, we need to be pragmatic.

As discussed in the other thread, we need to go for a default
implementation that is strict even though this means not supporting legacy
devices. We can imagine UA to hide behind a user setting the ability to
expose also legacy devices, but that would be a second step.

Of course use of NSD API in context where security is guaranteed in some
other way (app stores?) could be not restricted in the same way,

> This is a sure way to have a standard that will not be used.

I don't see how a standard that browser implementers refuse to implement is
ever going to be useful.