W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > October 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 3 October 2013 (Thursday)

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 17:58:46 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <5C90E40F-77EE-40B0-98BF-C8F61289044A@nokia.com>
(Reminder, meeting is on Thursday, usual time slot.)

Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 3 October 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

CR drafts of Ambient Light Events and Proximity Events published 1 Oct, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Oct/0001.html

Cancel DAP teleconference 14 November? (week of TPAC)

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 26 September 2013 


proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 26 September 2013 are approved

3) Proximity and Light

CR drafts published 1 Oct,  



ISSUE-153	PENDING REVIEW	Would interface and event name change be possible and clearer	2013-10-02	Proximity API


Discuss next steps related to test plan and implementations.

4) Vibration

ISSUE-146 : Add vibration strength control ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/146 

ISSUE-149 : handling of long vibration list - truncate or no vibration at all ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/149 

ISSUE-150 : Should vibration be additive when multiple instances, e.g. iframes ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/150 

Proposed resolution, ACTION-652: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Oct/0003.html

ISSUE-152	PENDING REVIEW	Vibration API events start/pause/resume/cancel and status listener start/pause/resume/cancel/finish	2013-10-02	Vibration API


5)  Network Service Discovery

Issue review

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-134 : Rename NetworkServices and NetworkService events ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/134  

close, addressed with most recent changes.

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151

ISSUE-154 : Security approach ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/154 

Next steps

Web & TV IG review, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0063.html

PING Review (Plan to follow additional updates)

Last Call  and CR planning and scheduling

6) Network Information API

Review Status and interest

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

7) Roadmap/Charter review

Review plans for progressing work through year-end.

All active non-task-force specifications are in CR (Battery Status, HTML Media Capture, Ambient Light Events, Proximity Events, Vibration API) apart from Network Service Discovery (WD)


Walk through test case status, review plans.

charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/07/DeviceAPICharter

Additional work on permissions API, privacy?

8) Action Review


ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-645: Frederick Hirsch to Share Network Service Discovery editors draft with PING

ACTION-654: Jean-Claude Dufourd to Propose text for network service discovery to define wildcard api and feature detection

ACTION-657: Anssi Kostiainen to Revise battery tests for idlharness, find qa person to help

ACTION-658: Dominique Hazael-Massieux to Review issue-149 get input on tradeoff of either failing or offering partial result (not all of request)

ACTION-659: Frederick Hirsch to Review web notifications last call specification

ACTION-660: Anssi Kostiainen to Determine interest in progressing network information api or not

Pending Review

ACTION-652: Anssi Kostiainen to Make proposal on list regarding multiple vibration api invocations in frames for vibration

ACTION-661: Frederick Hirsch to Ask on list regarding proximity naming question

ACTION-662: Frederick Hirsch to Make publication request for light and proximity

9)  Other Business

10) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 

Instructions on meetings : 

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Wednesday, 2 October 2013 18:07:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:33:01 UTC