Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

21 Nov 2013


See also: IRC log


Frederick_Hirsch, Mats_Wichmann, Lisa_DeLuca, Anssi_Kostiainen, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux, Giri_Mandyam
Jean-Claude_Dufourd, Josh_Soref


<trackbot> Date: 21 November 2013

<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh

Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Welcome new member, Mats Wichmann (Samsung), http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0026.html

No call next week; upcoming calls 5, 12, 19 December

proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel DAP teleconference 2 January 2014.

RESOLUTION: Cancel DAP teleconference 2 January 2014

<dom> +1 on cancelling on Jan 2 :)

Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 7 November 2013


RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 November 2013 are approved

TPAC update

fjh: Lets review relevant news from TPAC, starting with the Second Screen session

<anssik> http://webscreens.github.io/presentation-api/

fjh: presentation api might be relevant to our group
... minutes from session, http://www.w3.org/2013/11/13-webscreens-minutes.html

anssik: discovery is out of scope for this specification so not tightly linked

… spec is in community group, could be in scope for DAP

… there is interest in this specification

fjh: we need to figure out which group it needs to go to

dom: would need rechartering if it goes to DAP

… need to figure out which implementers want to work on this, that should drive this decision

fjh: makes sense

dom: anssik you should take the lead on getting support from implementers to determine where this should go

anssik: we are doing that, Mozilla is also already engaged, talking to other browser vendors

… want to get two browser vendors on board, then find WG where they are already members

dom: will need rejoining due to charter regardless, but good to have group that is working

… happy to serve as team contact on this if you anssik can continue moving this forward

anssik: ok

… want to start in community group, easy to get started there

… once we have implementers then we can take it forward

… prefer to use existing group, heads up for participants of this group

… here is link to community group

<anssik> http://www.w3.org/community/webscreens/

… join if you wish

fjh: another interesting TPAC session was Web of Things break-out session at TPAC2013


fjh: anything new that can inform our work

dom: lots of overlap of Web of Things and DAP

… practical overlap not that great, since this work is in very early stages

… interest in network service discovery

fjh: anything else to report from TPAC

dom: media capture TF met

… discussions on constraint mechanisms

… can see follow up discussion on mailing list of TF

… original goal was to move to LC in next few weeks but will be delayed

Media Capture TF mailing list archive is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/

<dom> Media Capture TF minutes


anssik: nothing to report

fjh: dom you might want to look at the minutes of the previous DAP call(s), I think there are some testing pull requests you might want to review

Network Service Discovery

fjh: ISSUE 131, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0025.html, goal to resolve this one


<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131

fjh: not sure we can do much on this call without Rich, Cathy or Jean-Claude

Note publication for Shelved docs

fjh: assume we wait until Anssi has a chance to look at this, just got back from TPAC

be aware of end of year publishing moratorium: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/Main_Page#Administrativia

Other Business

fjh: Thanks all for joining call the week after TPAC, we have no call next week so thought it would be useful to catch up.


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $