Re: Test suite migrated to github

Le jeudi 30 mai 2013 à 20:42 +0200, Tobie Langel a écrit :
> On May 30, 2013, at 15:03, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > Also, we will need to define the process we want to follow to make these
> > test cases official and thus integrate them in the main repository
> > rather than letting them leave as pull requests.
> > A good source of inspiration is likely to be the WebApps test review and
> > approval workflow:
> > http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Submitting_tests#Test_Review_and_Approval_Workflow
>
> We can't expect outside contributors to be aware of WG-specific
> submissions/review processes. We therefore started consolidating[1]
> docs and processes for all web platform tests in a single repo. You're
> welcome to contribute.

I did know about the goal of consolidating documentation, but it wasn't
clear to me that this implied consolidating the submission and review
processes (although I can see why this would be needed).

While I personally don't have any particular objection to this (and
would in fact probably benefit from it), some WG participants may not
want to have their hands tied when it comes to the way they work, esp.
if they haven't been involved in defining the said processes.

Could this be raised and clarified to the W3C chairs list? So far,
migrating test suites to github was mostly administrative, but bundling
it with a pre-defined process changes the nature of the migration.

Thanks!

Dom