Re: [battery] Test suite updated

On 2/22/13 11:51 AM, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
> We have an ongoing work to implement WebIDL in Gecko. In the current
> Firefox release (19), the Battery API isn't following WebIDL. However,
> in Nightly, it should be working better. I only have 3 errors in Nightly
> (instead of 13).
>
> I CC'd two mozillians who might have more insights regarding why we fail
> those tests.

The three failing tests are:

1) "Navigator interface: attribute battery": This is because Navigator
is not a WebIDL interface in Gecko yet.

2) "BatteryManager interface: existence and properties of interface
prototype object": This is a bug in the harness and in the test.  In the
test because it has:

   interface BatteryManager : EventTarget {
   };

but never defines the EventTarget interface.  And in the harness because
it doesn't just say that your IDL is invalid but happily proceeds to
build a broken data model and then operate on it.

3) "Stringification of navigator.battery": this is the same issue as #2.
  The harness is looking for an inherited stringifier, but the
inheritance model is busted because EventTarget is not defined, so it
throws.

ccing Ms2ger because I'm not quite sure where the harness bugs should be
reported.

-Boris