Re: [admin] Proposed revision to W3C Notes for TR shelved items to clarify status

Hi Frederick, Mats,

On 30 Dec 2013, at 22:51, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:

> I agree with Mats regarding wording and providing record of rationale [1] - I propose concrete text below.

I also feel it is a good practice to document the rationale. Thanks Frederick for your proposed text that captures the decisions made by the group. And thanks Mats for raising the issue.

> Specifically I propose REMOVING the text  "This is a historical document. The domain covered by this document is still within the scope of the Working Group as defined in its Charter.”

Removed.

> and in its place adding the text in a-d below for the specific cases (text is in brackets) as well as a consistent following paragraph for all. (Please update the reference handles appropriately).
>
> a)  System Information API, http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/NOTE.src.html
> b) Messaging API, http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/NOTE.src.html
> c) Calendar API, http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/calendar/NOTE.src.html
> d) For intents related drafts:
>
> * Pick Media Intent, https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/gallery/NOTE.src.html
> * Pick Contacts Intent, https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/contacts/NOTE.src.html
> * Web Intents Addendum - Local Services,  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/wi-addendum-local-services/NOTE.src.html

Added with minor editorial tweaks.

> For each of documents, please also add a new paragraph after the proposed text, as follows:
>
> [[
>
> The Charter of the Device APIs working group continues to include this work as "in scope", so the working group could decide to resume work if warranted by new information.
>
> ]]

Added the proposed text.