Re: Rick Waldron on DeviceAmbientLightEvent, DeviceMagneticFieldEvent, DeviceProximityEvents

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
>

> > I would be more than happy to help in rescuing the original Sensors API
> > proposal successfully implemented as a Phone Plugin one year ago
> >
> > http://cantera.orgfree.com/specs/sensors/latest/

Thanks for posting this—I wasn't aware that such a document existed and I'm
thrilled to see support for the constructed object as sensor identity
approach :)

> > That spec would not only allow to deal with device sensors but also to
> > remote sensors in the emerging Web of Things domain
>
> That would be good, but the proposal that Rick put forward is a bit
> different from that one. He is proposing better organization and
> abstractions than generic connectors. Take a look at
> https://github.com/rwldrn/johnny-five

I actually think that http://cantera.orgfree.com/specs/sensors/latest/ is
on the right track, I think we should revive it and start working on some
reorganization and abstraction.

Rick