Re: Next step for DAP Ambient Light Events

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM, fremycompany_pub@yahoo.com
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Would you really want to change the site color’s scheme to high contrast
> black and white at only 1000 lux? If Microsoft data are to be believed, I
> would set the threshold between 10 000 and 100 000, depending of the screen
> brightness and reflectance.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, 1000 lux is far too little.

"bright" is supposed to mean "direct sunlight, or similarly bright
conditions that make it hard to see things that aren't high-contrast".
 Based on Wikipedia's lux table <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux>,
I'd set "bright" to start around 10k lux.

Similarly, "dim" is supposed to mean "dark enough that the light
produced by a white background is eye-straining or distracting", so
300 is far too high (given that it's roughly office lighting).  I'd
have it start at 50 lux or so.

~TJ