Re: web intents version of sensor api

On 3/26/2012 1:12 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Monday, 26 March 2012 at 18:15, jeanfrancois.moy@orange.com wrote:
>
>> I agree with Mounir when he says that web intents should be limited to application to application interaction. We agree that it would be useful for some very specific use cases but it would be overkill for more common and popular use cases.
>>

> I also agree. Web Intents makes sense for application to application.

Web Intents is adding a "hidden / background" disposition better
intended for headless processing.

I also agree that the Sensor API ought to exist somewhere.

Khronos appears to be developing a more broad specification:
http://www.khronos.org/streaminput/

In the meantime, with the way that plugins work, the Web Intents API
does provide a way to talk to a browser extension that does not involve
authors using an inline <object> tag.
The browser extension would still use an object tag.

I'll mock up a sensor API for pen pressure via web intents and post results.
At this point, it's simply taking what would normally be:

shim,
M19.

-Charles