Re: [html-media-capture] capture vs. accept

On Jul 27, 2012, at 17:11 , NN Murthy wrote:
> Using this standard, can we capture images using document scanners? If yes,
> what capture parameter we need to give? Similarly if we need to capture
> images of finger prints, palm prints and iris images using live scanner
> devices, what will be the capture parameter? Will it be camera?

These are perhaps useful use cases that are not currently catered for by the specification. I think that their inclusion probably largely depends on whether anyone has strong real-world use cases to support them, and if there are plans to support them. It might just be that at this stage there is no strong drive to specify those inputs, but it's certainly possible that the specification can be revised (quickly, with little overhead) to add those.